Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Black wheels on black car?

Based

I just bought this 2016 Fiesta ST. It's black. I'm trying to decide if I want to go with the blacked out look or if I should go with a little bit lighter color like a silver or light grey etc.

Well while I'm trying to make up my mind, what is you guys' opinions? I've attached pics of my car :).

Attachments

I have the regular gray stock wheels. The black you have looks way better. Brake dust is so bad on this car it make my front wheels always look like I'm driving through a snowstorm with slush and salt everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #3
I have the regular gray stock wheels. The black you have looks way better. Brake dust is so bad on this car it make my front wheels always look like I'm driving through a snowstorm with slush and salt everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Yeah I already have REALLY bad brake dust on my wheels. Notice how the wheels dont have a gloss in the pics. They were shiny just like the paint when I bought it. I've put 200 miles on it since I got it and it's already like that.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
As far as the stock wheel style goes, I think the black looks the best on ANY color FiST, but then I hate the stock style wheels, so maybe that's why I think the black looks the best (harder to see the details, and those fugly flaired spoke ends on a black wheel ;) ).

In all other style wheels, an anthracite, dark grey or silver, or a titanium like color looks best to me on a BLACK car, unless you are specifically looking for that 'murdered out' look.

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #6
Would the 17x7.5 Sparco Pro Corsa wheels fit on the stock tires? Will they rub if I put the Vogtland lowering springs on?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Would the 17x7.5 Sparco Pro Corsa wheels fit on the stock tires? Will they rub if I put the Vogtland lowering springs on?
Those should not be a problem, even lowered, and yes, the stock Potenzas will go right onto those wheels, but they are heavy (the Pro Corsas), being only ~half a pound lighter than the stockers.

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #9
Yeah I think I made up my mind. Right now I'm leaning towards black sparco pro corsa's. I know they aren't as light as other choices but I don't track my car and I've done lightweight wheels in the past and never felt a difference.

Zormecteon

Black on Black is overdone... It's a fashion that's run it's course. You'll just be joining the many.

my 2?

LILIKE16ST

I love black on black. It might be "overdone" where you live or on the forums but around here where I live I don't see a whole lot of other blacked out cars. I love the murdered out look. The stock black painted wheels look much better than the other colors and hide brake dust much better (which there is ALOT of). When it comes to aftermarket I prefer matte black on the wheels (I just went with 15x8 +35 offset team dynamics pro race 1.2 wheels in matte black, they're on the way) because the matte black gives it a more race inspired "down to business" look and contrasts just enough with the shiny black paint and shiny tires (when freshly cleaned and tire shine applied). I love black on black. There is enough people trying to be different with all these other color cars and wheels that black on black isn't all that common anymore. To me every other aftermarket wheel I see is anthracite or gunmetal. Matter of fact I searched high and low and could not find ANY pictures anywhere online showing matte black pro race 1.2s of any size on a black FiST, let alone the 15x8 versions. I did find some 18 inch matte black pro race 1.2s on a FoST I used to kind of get the idea of what it would look like, combining that pic with pics of RodMoes blue FiST and the other black FiST I found that had the same wheels in anthracite. I will share pics of mine once installed next week (albeit stock suspension and ride height for now) just so there WILL be some pics online of a black FiST with matte black team dynamics pro race 1.2 wheels in 15x8. I went with BFG sport comp 2 in 195/55/15. It is a very wide 195 and virtually the same overall diameter as stock and will have a very slight stretch which I have read is best for handling and turn in response etc. (7.9 section width and 7.7 tread width on an 8 inch wheel is pretty much perfect). Black on black gets my vote.
Michael

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, "overdone" and "played out" do NOT count, or matter at all, when it is what YOU like/want, and think will look good to you walking out to YOUR car every day, and LOVING it!! [;)]

I personally cannot stand the way bright silver, chrome, or even very light gray wheels look on a Magnetic color FiST, so NO MATTER how "played out" black wheels are, they are what is going on MY car.

I just have to decide between gloss black, and matte black now. ;)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Well, won't the gloss black just look like a matte finish anyway after a few hundred miles because of the brake dust?
Most likely (and I really like the look/'effect' of the matte black), but, the gloss black will probably stand up to all of the crap/elements better just because of the fact that I can use some Collinite 845 on them, whereas I am not too sure about the matte finish taking too 'kindly' to any wax/sealant treatment (would it 'stain', or streak them in any way?). [dunno]

I went black on black as the price was right. Eventually I'll get to put some gold (think STi) wheels on. I agree on all black being "out of fashion" but on occasion, the right car still looks great. FiST to me looks good in it.

Yes, "overdone" and "played out" do NOT count, or matter at all, when it is what YOU like/want, and think will look good to you walking out to YOUR car every day, and LOVING it!! [;)]

I personally cannot stand the way bright silver, chrome, or even very light gray wheels look on a Magnetic color FiST, so NO MATTER how "played out" black wheels are, they are what is going on MY car.

I just have to decide between gloss black, and matte black now. ;)
I think Magnetic is a different story and I actually like the look of black wheels on the Magnetic cars. There is just enough contrast. I don't like the "murdered out" look on a black car though. I actually regret getting a black car now because I like black wheels, but not how they look on a black car. White wheels would just get covered in brake dust and I think any flashy colors (e.g., gold, red) would make me feel silly (and probably get stolen). So I'm basically stuck with various shades of silver/gray. Blah.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^The anthracite (or the like) color wheels DO look good to me on a black car, no matter how 'common', OR "played out" they may be on a black car, whereas they look a little too monochromatic/paint matched for me on a Magnetic colored car. [;)]

White would be 'striking' and look good contrast wise on a Magnetic car, as well as very 'rally-like', but they would be black before long anyway.

The VeeDub World Rally Team uses black painted wheels instead of the usual white used by most other teams, so maybe they will kick off a new trend/tradition in the WRC world? [dunno]

joesiris

I have the magnetic with black rims, I love the look, overplayed? maybe, but who cares if we like it. but if you want to stick with black, try something like these Konig's that have a red stripe to give it a little something extra

joesiris

^^^The anthracite (or the like) color wheels DO look good to me on a black car, no matter how 'common', OR "played out" they may be on a black car, whereas they look a little too monochromatic/paint matched for me on a Magnetic colored car. [;)]

White would be 'striking' and look good contrast wise on a Magnetic car, as well as very 'rally-like', but they would be black before long anyway.

The VeeDub World Rally Team uses black painted wheels instead of the usual white used by most other teams, so maybe they will kick off a new trend/tradition in the WRC world? [dunno]
Ill admit just like shoes I have never liked white for rims, but after seeing them on the Kona Fist I love the look, call me a convert...just have to get brakes that don't "shed" so much

Zormecteon

By all means do what makes you happy. I'm a car guy and understand that IT"S YOUR CAR.. not mine. Anyone who wants do to anything to their stuff.. make a Ferrari into a Hearse, do a rat rod out of a Dastun 210b,.. Do a full custom resto mod Camaro on a tube frame.... whatever.. .. If it looks good to you, it's your right, and RESPONSIBILITY to "make it yours" .. .. my opinion should be taken for what it's' worth when if comes to your cars...

2?

Ford Community Posts