Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bluetooth Connection Issues

@FordIVteam
@Shaay

I have a 2016 Fiesta ST that still makes me reconnect Bluetooth twice every time I try to connect. First time always fails after playing audio for 5-10 seconds.

I tried disconnecting the battery, I tried deleting my phone and re-adding it.

Is there anything else that can be done before a master reset?
Try another phone.

DEss

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Make sure your phone has all the updates installed.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Yeah I have automatic updates turned on.

neeqness, you finally got yours resolved? How?
To be honest I don't remember now. It was a long time ago...but I really doubt that I did a master reset. I may have done the updates though but I don't think they fully resolved it maybe just enough to ignore it for the time being. But I did get another phone (for other reasons).

Considering all of this in hind sight, I really believe the biggest issue (for me anyway) was the phone itself connecting to Ford. The phone I have now has absolutely no problems with bluetooth and even some of the minor issues that I had just accepted have gone away...

For example, I used Rhapsody a lot (now Napster) to play playlists through bluetooth. But on my Note 4, the artist rarely ever showed up and sometimes the track name wouldn't show on certain tracks. I'm all about the music though, so as long as its playing through the speakers clearly I didn't really mind. But on my current LG V20, all my tracks pretty much display artists and track names. Occassionally, my music would play right away on startup and sometimes I will have to hit play first after connecting.

But, here is one key thing for my phones to connect well to SYNC with the least hangups. If I make sure to turn Bluetooth on my phone a good 2 - 3 seconds before starting up or turning on SYNC, I have no connection issues. That said, if I turn BT on my V20 after startup, it usually has no problems connecting afterwards it just isn't as smooth as doing it before startup. Not the case with the Note 4 as sometimes it would connect and others it could be a real pain in the butt...with me maybe even having to turn off the car and restart it (with bluetooth on) or even restarting bluetooth on my phone or both just to get it to connect properly.

I feel like I'm rambling too much here though, lol. Let me know if you have any more questions on this.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk