Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bluetooth Connection Issues

Hey All,

I'm having an issue with my FiST that I've had since I bought it. I can only have one phone at a time that is allowed to connect to bluetooth, if any other phones attempt to connect I have to do a full on factory reset before I can get my phone connected again. I'm not sure if I have MyFord Touch or an early version of sync. My car is a 14MY. Does anyone know if there is a way to solve an issue like this? Or if there may be some sort of patch that the dealer could download? Let me know if more information is needed.

Thanks!

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I've had bluetooth issues too, though different ones than yours. If I could find another way to have hands-free calling, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

In answer of your question though, I'd definitely check to see if there was an update. The update could fix your problem.

Sent using Tapatalk

Hey All,

I'm having an issue with my FiST that I've had since I bought it. I can only have one phone at a time that is allowed to connect to bluetooth, if any other phones attempt to connect I have to do a full on factory reset before I can get my phone connected again. I'm not sure if I have MyFord Touch or an early version of sync. My car is a 14MY. Does anyone know if there is a way to solve an issue like this? Or if there may be some sort of patch that the dealer could download? Let me know if more information is needed.

Thanks!
Hi MichiganST,

I'd like to help! Use the following link to determine which SYNC system you have: owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/all/setup/how-to-identify-your-sync-version.html Get back to me when you get the chance.

Shaay

Hey All,

Thanks!
Hi MichiganST,

I'd like to help! Use the following link to determine which SYNC system you have: owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/all/setup/how-to-identify-your-sync-version.html Get back to me when you get the chance.

Shaay

I recommend also trying what solved my connection problem it has worked without a hitch since I did it: Via sync in your car, remove your phone from the list of devices. This next thing makes all the difference for some unknown reason - activate sync by hitting the steering wheel button and speak the command "pair phone", then simply follow the directions on screen. After you do this, it will work every time. I found this tip on a forum right after I bought the car. BEFORE I did that, every single time I would get in the car it wouldn't be able to connect to my phone and I'd have to pair it all over again. Also, I recommend, in general, plugging into the USB port in the armrest when you get in. It seems to throw SYNC off sometimes if you don't, even though your phone will be bluetooth paired.

OP
MichiganST
Thread Starter #6
Hi MichiganST,

Shaay
Hi Shaay,

Looking at the link you sent me, I have Sync with MyFord Touch.

Thanks!

joesiris

havnt had any issues pairing my phone yet, but the dealer said it would receive updates occasionally, have any of you actually had one yet? or is it more manual and not automatic?

neeqness

1000 Post Club
No issues pairing my phone but lots of issues connecting to bluetooth automatically when I start or turn music on. Even with Bluetooth never turned off. I have to manually connect almost every time I get in my car and start it. Even then, sometimes it won't manually connect and I'll have to either turn the phone bluetooth off and back on or restart the car.

This is while using a Samsung Note 4.

Sent using Tapatalk

Hi Shaay,

Looking at the link you sent me, I have Sync with MyFord Touch.

Thanks!
Please send theVIN in a private message. I'd like to take a look at your software.

havnt had any issues pairing my phone yet, but the dealer said it would receive updates occasionally, have any of you actually had one yet? or is it more manual and not automatic?
joesiris,

Updates are not automatic. You can always check for updates in your Owner account: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html

No issues pairing my phone but lots of issues connecting to bluetooth automatically when I start or turn music on. Even with Bluetooth never turned off. I have to manually connect almost every time I get in my car and start it. Even then, sometimes it won't manually connect and I'll have to either turn the phone bluetooth off and back on or restart the car.

This is while using a Samsung Note 4.

Sent using Tapatalk
neeqness,

Do you have the MyFord Touch as well?

Shaay

grnmachine02

MyFordTouch seems to drop my bluetooth connection frequently. I'd say once every 4 times I'm in the car it will lose connection to my phone.

joesiris

neeqness

1000 Post Club
LOL. I understand. A master shouldn't make the current issue worse; however, it does restore the system to factory defaults. As for an update, there isn't any available online at this time. Version 3.8 is the latest and can be performed a the dealership.

Shaay

grnmachine02

I'm on version 3.7, but according to my Ford account i'm on the latest update? Is 3.8 not downloadable and only done through the dealer?

neeqness

1000 Post Club
LOL. I understand. A master shouldn't make the current issue worse; however, it does restore the system to factory defaults. As for an update, there isn't any available online at this time. Version 3.8 is the latest and can be performed a the dealership.

Shaay
By the way...thanks a lot for the assistance Shaay! Much appreciated.

Yes I believe you are correct. I meant I didn't want to master reset yet because I'd have to redo all my settings and options. Not really making it worse in the sense of it being a big problem, but I was trying to avoid having to redo all of the previous options that have become somewhat second nature now.

I'm not sure if I have the current update now so if not I'll try that but if I do I may try doing the master reset eventually...

Shaay

Sent using Tapatalk

I'm on version 3.7, but according to my Ford account i'm on the latest update? Is 3.8 not downloadable and only done through the dealer?
Hi grnmachine02,

That is correct. Version 3.8 is not available for self installation. A dealership visit is needed.

By the way...thanks a lot for the assistance Shaay! Much appreciated.

Yes I believe you are correct. I meant I didn't want to master reset yet because I'd have to redo all my settings and options. Not really making it worse in the sense of it being a big problem, but I was trying to avoid having to redo all of the previous options that have become somewhat second nature now.

I'm not sure if I have the current update now so if not I'll try that but if I do I may try doing the master reset eventually...

Sent using Tapatalk
No problem, neeqness. Keep me posted!

Shaay

@FordIVteam
@Shaay

I have a 2016 Fiesta ST that still makes me reconnect Bluetooth twice every time I try to connect. First time always fails after playing audio for 5-10 seconds.

I tried disconnecting the battery, I tried deleting my phone and re-adding it.

Is there anything else that can be done before a master reset?