Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Share your <$100 mods that you'd recommend

jeff

2000 Post Club
I made a thread on my Toyota forum a few years ago like this and it was very helpful so I thought I'd see what we can share here. The idea is to have one thread that's a resource for simple and cheap but effective mods that might inspire others. With one member recently starting the 3rd brake light pulse craze (thanks Again!!) it got me thinking about this.

So let's hear it....good mods on the cheap....what are they?

My list:
$50 = 3rd brake light pulser thing
$9 = e brake cover
$35 = Velossatech 2 tone badge
$70 = quick shift adapter
$3 = Symposer delete
$20 = EZ lip
$4 = Homelink unit
$10 = vinyl overlays
$30 = dead pedal

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
hmm sub $100 ok grab a coffee and relax. This list is in no particular order

$70 - Autodimming mirror with homelink (garage door opener)
$36 - No-Piston Battery tie down
$35 - No-Piston dead pedal
$60 - orange shift knob with reverse lock out
free - Fiesta ST forum stickers
$30 - micro USB and 64gig SD card
$20 - License plate cover
$28 - No-Piston pedal spacer
$30 - Dashcam
$8 - FL-400s oil filter
$30 - Fumoto oil drain plug
$90 - Ford OE shark fin
$<10 - door hing and latch protector (aka grease the thing and put this on )
$45 - Cobb exhaust hangers
$4 - symposer delete
$30 - EZlip even though I replaced it with Mountune splitter it was very good/easy and inexpensive visual change that I recommend.
$50 - Redline Goods shift boot
$50 - Redline Goods center armrest (paded)
$80 - CFM Baffled Billet Valve Cover Breather
$3 - Silicon MyKey protector
$5 - ebrake sticker
$10 - Putco mini halogens for all turn signals (no resistor required, bright and more orange)
$60 - 921 Putco plasma reverse LED (you can find way cheaper on ebay but they don't seem to last, these have a lifetime warranty)
$60 - 3157 PUTCO plasma Brake LED (you can find way cheaper on ebay but they don't seem to last, these have a lifetime warranty)
$10 - White interior LEDs (ebay kits for 10 lights)
$1 - Screen between the Velossa tech Big Mouth and the Ford air bugs (lots of bug carcases caught)
$20 - Orange lug nuts
$6 - Orange tire valve cap
free - Elastic in the cup holders to cushion metal cups and reduce vibration noise
$1 - Plastidip hood prop to protect hood.
$10 - Dielectric silicon grease for all lightbulbs, block heater and other electrical connector that are prone to moisture/aging
$4 - Open cell weather stripping around the engine fuse box to keep dust and moisture out. Highly recommend as I have seen corroded fuses/relays
$5-60 - 3rd brake flasher (price varies as I am trying a few)
$20 - fog light protection film (3m xpel or lamix); This is really important for the stock housing as a rock can easily break them
$10 - Rainx or similar product for the windshield. Sure this is a "detailing product" but 1 bottle with regular application will be enough to last 3-4 years before you need another bottle.
$40 - Windshield banner %5 tint- Top of the windshield to keep some light out. follow the width of the area around the mirror.
$30 - Proclip for Cobb AP
$21 - Boomba shifter base bushings
$28 - Boomba transmission base bushings
$85 - Boomba transmission adapter plate (short shifter)

I think that covers most of the sub $100 that I have done.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Updated my post I forgot (but updated) about some boomba parts I have because I got the ultimate racing shifter. But the individual parts are great and well to remove mushyness in the shifting.
$21 - Boomba shifter base bushings
$28 - Boomba transmission base bushings
$85 - Boomba transmission adapter plate (short shifter)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Updated my post I forgot (but updated) about some boomba parts I have because I got the ultimate racing shifter.
[???:)]

Is that just what boomba calls their interior, actual shift handle part which totally replaces the stock unit, or something else from another company altogether??

I ask because I was planning on getting the COMPLETE boomba kit, but if there is something else out there which can shorten/tighten the shifting of this car even more yet, I would go for it!

(Unlike most on here I came from a direct into the gearbox shifter on my last ride, so this thing feels like a wooden spoon in a pot of oatmeal to me, whereas to those coming from other FWD econoboxes, it might actually feel solid/direct/tight in stock form?)

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
[???:)]

Is that just what boomba calls their interior, actual shift handle part which totally replaces the stock unit, or something else from another company altogether??

I ask because I was planning on getting the COMPLETE boomba kit, but if there is something else out there which can shorten/tighten the shifting of this car even more yet, I would go for it!

(Unlike most on here I came from a direct into the gearbox shifter on my last ride, so this thing feels like a wooden spoon in a pot of oatmeal to me, whereas to those coming from other FWD econoboxes, it might actually feel solid/direct/tight in stock form?)
Yes I got and installed and recommend the ultimate kit http://www.boombaracing.com/boomba-racing-fiesta-st-ultimate-shift-package/ But for this thread I recommended/listed the individual parts. If you do not need/want a shorter shift but just something more solid/direct the bushings is all you require. And yes it will help, but you would also want to add the RMM to reduce the movement of the engine. I drive old farm equipment with direct gearboxes and yes the bushings bring you close. The lever and the transmission adapter only act to reduce the throw. The Lever is the odd man out being such and expense but reductions can be had with just the adapter plate.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^THANKS, I will go with the complete ultimate kit then, as my last car had a Pro 5.0 shifter on it which reduced the factory throw by almost 40%, as well as feeling even more direct due to elimination of the factory rubber isolators on the shift handle connection.

(The throw CANNOT BE "too short", nor "too direct" for my tastes!)

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
^^^THANKS, I will go with the complete ultimate kit then, as my last car had a Pro 5.0 shifter on it which reduced the factory throw by almost 40%, as well as feeling even more direct due to elimination of the factory rubber isolators on the shift handle connection.

(The throw CANNOT BE "too short", nor "too direct" for my tastes!)
On one of my previous builds I went berserk with shift mods...bushings, brackets, shifter, knob, and even some clips between any loose areas. It was super tight, short and notchy. For the Fiesta I opted to keep a bit of comfort feel and go without all the bushings. Great cheap mods though.

Great list guys, keep them coming....I'd love some new ideas on the cheap.

no-pistons

Anyone tried one of these? I use my hatch a good amount and could use the protection.
Looks pretty good. I got a nice big scratch on my bumper right there too when I was loading my hatch with stainless steel sheets.

Who's going to go first or fiST:). I'm broke until next week, then I'll buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy some counterfeit carpool lane stickers! People constantly ask if my car is a hybrid or a Prius. I scoff and walk away generally but if you commute...

Other notables- Boomba short shift. Mutol trains oil. Shifter knob (I like the round Mini Cooper type knobs), exhaust hangers for sure.

Best mod for under $100, hands down the "Contigo Jackson" water bottle. Look it up. Some of you may laugh, but I've kept this bottle in my front cup holder for 35 out of 37 thousand miles. My arm rests on the flat top bottle and it's the perfect drivers mod for our stock shifter length. You'll thank me later.

-WWD