Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Springs, Stock Ride Height?

So I would like some better springs, and I really like the Montune ones or H&R Sport. But I'm wondering if anyone makes springs that don't drop the car, or just drop it less than the 1" those springs do. My build is aimed to be rally car themed, and that means wheel gap is OK, but like everything on this car I need to tinker.

MS67

What exactly are you looking for? The stock springs are fairly stiff and I'm not aware of any stock height springs that will be stiffer. If you want to stay at stock height, changing the springs is a waste of money IMO. You'd be better off replacing the dampers.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
What exactly are you looking for? The stock springs are fairly stiff and I'm not aware of any stock height springs that will be stiffer. If you want to stay at stock height, changing the springs is a waste of money IMO. You'd be better off replacing the dampers.
i'll chime in with my requirement for stock height. Something progressive. Like the Moutnune or Cobb or Eibach but stock height would be perfect for me. Hardware when driving hard but smoother over rough roads like gravel.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
So I would like some better springs, and I really like the Montune ones or H&R Sport. But I'm wondering if anyone makes springs that don't drop the car, or just drop it less than the 1" those springs do. My build is aimed to be rally car themed, and that means wheel gap is OK, but like everything on this car I need to tinker.
You would have to know the exact stock spring dimensions/specs (height, diameter, rate, pigtail or ground flat ends, etc.), then go looking in the; Hyperco, Eibach, and Afco (among others) spring catalogs.

They could have something close to what you are seeking, but it would ONLY be a linear rate spring if they did (which is MUCH better for handling, both on tarmac AND gravel, anyway). [wink]

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
You would have to know the exact stock spring dimensions/specs (height, diameter, rate, pigtail or ground flat ends, etc.), then go looking in the; Hyperco, Eibach, and Afco (among others) spring catalogs.

They could have something close to what you are seeking, but it would ONLY be a linear rate spring if they did (which is MUCH better for handling, both on tarmac AND gravel, anyway). [wink]
That sounds like work. I do work at work fro work. Wrenching on the car is fun for more fun. Please do not mix work and fun. :D

Waterfan

Not exactly what you're asking for, but...

I have read on these forums (or somewhere): Bilstein (47-167490) Coilovers for the normal Fiesta fit the ST perfectly and at max height are nearly the same ride height as stock ST (whether this means 1/4", 1/2" lower or the same height I do not know)

neeqness

1000 Post Club
i'll chime in with my requirement for stock height. Something progressive. Like the Moutnune or Cobb or Eibach but stock height would be perfect for me. Hardware when driving hard but smoother over rough roads like gravel.
Sounds like you would need to keep the stock springs and change the shocks. I like the koni Str.T with stock springs but if you want adjutability, for more you could get the koni yellows. This will allow you to keep the stock height.

From what I've seen so far, all of the aftermarket springs lower the car to some degree.

Sent using Tapatalk