Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OEM+ Projector Retrofit by Lightwerkz.

I ended up ordering a set of Euro headlights and just installed those today. These headlights are actually still sitting in my bedroom in the boxes they shipped in. I've tried on multiple occasions since my last posts to get that one reflector housing to snap into place, but have never been able to. I'm most likely going to be trying to sell these locally for relatively cheap once I move from central CA back to the Los Angeles area in a month or so.

-Matt
I call dibs then!
Im in LA and this is something i have contemplated doing.

OP
R
Thread Starter #43
Lol life is funny. So these headlights have been sitting on my bedroom floor for months now collecting dust. Since then, I purchased and installed a set of the euro headlights (which you can see all the details of in [MENTION=4498]OffTheWall503[/MENTION] 's thread) and am loving them. Figured since I'm just sitting here a bit tipsy with nothing to do, I figure what the hell, why not take another attempt at fixing this one headlight. For reference, if you go back in the thread, the problem was the reflector housing inside one of the headlights (which is what the projector is mounted into) was not connected to the headlight frame itself. Their are two ball joint connections inside that hold the chrome reflector housing to the rest of headlight, and only one of them was connected. I could not get the second one to connect no matter what I tried. The space inside the headlight is just too small to fit your hands in effectively to put enough pressure on the reflector housing to pop the ball joint in.

So I grabbed my hairdryer, some pliers, and some non-skid material that I use for my drawers as liners in my kitchen so silverware doesn't slide around lol. Heated up the ball joint with the hairdryer, wrapped the inside of the pliers with the non-skid material, found a small ridge on the reflector housing inside I could clamp onto, and just pulled like hell without much regard for the possibility of breaking the plastic lol. Wouldn't you know it, the damn ball joint finally engaged. So tomorrow I'm going to go buy some JB weld at Home Depot to fix the rear connector tab that broke off during shipment before. Even though I absolutely love the euro headlights I have now (the cutoff and LEDs are awesome), I want to see what the cutoff looks like with the Morimoto projectors, so when I have a chance in the coming weeks, I'm going to install these.

Not sure what the plan will be from here. I might end up still selling these in the long run, but I just wanted to post that progress was finally made haha. Sadly, I'm about to be going through a move next week, so I won't have much time to actually work on my car, but sooner than later I'll slap these on and take some output shots.

Also, since I don't think I ever really posted good pics of what the headlights look like:

[cheers]
-Matt

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
If you decide to sell these let me know. I would trade my Euros for these.

Send me a message if you would be interested in getting rid of these before your move.

OP
R
Thread Starter #45
If you decide to sell these let me know. I would trade my Euros for these.

Send me a message if you would be interested in getting rid of these before your move.
I'll keep you posted. I'm not sure if I'm going to try installing the HIDs into the euro headlights first, or try these out. I might do the euro's first just because I don't want to have to move the pins back for the LED/turn signal multiple times lol.

Regarding the fix: Loctite super glue and JB weld. Not pretty, but hopefully it'll be strong enough to hold in 24(ish) hours. The reason it looks the way it does to begin with is that the tab originally broke during shipment from Ford to Lightwerkz, and they fixed it in house. Not sure the method they used, but when it arrived it was shiny/glossy.

-Matt

Last edited:
OP
R
Thread Starter #47
Well, I decided to give these lights a go last night. Overall, they were a disaster haha. I'm not sure if the repeated heat exposure from multiple oven runs to open them up has warped them, or just the way they were reassembled, but these headlights simply will not fit onto the car correctly. Both (yes both) of the rear attachment clips broke off trying install/uninstall them. Also, the passenger side clear plastic seems to have some kind of residue (possibly oil from hands) on the inside of the plastic, which is stuck there unless the headlight is opened again.

I tried for over an hour and could not get these headlights to lock into place. I'm not 100% sure if I plan to sell these or not. Not because I want to use them, but because I feel like I'd be ripping someone off selling them these haha. Euro headlights went back onto he car, sans the HID. Back to stock halogens and I don't plan on doing anymore fiddling with headlights for this car.

The only good news of the test? The Morimoto mini H1 projectors have great output and cutoffs. Here's a pic with the headlights in 'mostly' the right spot lol:

-Matt

A7xogg

Well, I decided to give these lights a go last night. Overall, they were a disaster haha. I'm not sure if the repeated heat exposure from multiple oven runs to open them up has warped them, or just the way they were reassembled, but these headlights simply will not fit onto the car correctly. Both (yes both) of the rear attachment clips broke off trying install/uninstall them. Also, the passenger side clear plastic seems to have some kind of residue (possibly oil from hands) on the inside of the plastic, which is stuck there unless the headlight is opened again.

I tried for over an hour and could not get these headlights to lock into place. I'm not 100% sure if I plan to sell these or not. Not because I want to use them, but because I feel like I'd be ripping someone off selling them these haha. Euro headlights went back onto he car, sans the HID. Back to stock halogens and I don't plan on doing anymore fiddling with headlights for this car.

The only good news of the test? The Morimoto mini H1 projectors have great output and cutoffs. Here's a pic with the headlights in 'mostly' the right spot lol:

-Matt
Retrofitting can be a pain. But the end result makes the lights preform like s-class Benz. I had to take mine apart because they were pointing too outward so a dead spot appeared straight ahead where you want the most light