Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Planning a turbo upgrade and I need some help please lol

I have a 2015 fiesta st w/ upgraded intercooler,downpipe,exhaust,intake,rmm, bov, and the Cobb stg 3 tune. I've been looking at the ATP GTX2860R and also the x37 & the DHM kit but the atp and DHM both run garret turbos...right?(well the DHM it comes with the extras but cost double) I honestly plan on getting it to 300hp(350hp at most) but I'm in LA so I'm restricted to only 91 oct. and I'm also very very confused lol I've been also reading that the ATP GTX2860R can't run to the full potential do to restrictive fuel and have seen they have the auex fuel kit.....but how will that do with 91 oct? And of course when I get the turbo installed I plan on getting a tune with it. Any help would help and what my best options might be to run 300hp on 91oct. Thanks!

I'd look into the X37 or the Cyborg, those are some of the best turbos for the FIST right now. you keep the stock spool but have more top end. I'm going to go with one of those options when I get some funds, the x37 is going to be out of stock for a couple months from what I've been seeing on the forums.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I have a 2015 fiesta st w/ upgraded intercooler,downpipe,exhaust,intake,rmm, bov, and the Cobb stg 3 tune. I've been looking at the ATP GTX2860R and also the x37 & the DHM kit but the atp and DHM both run garret turbos...right?(well the DHM it comes with the extras but cost double) I honestly plan on getting it to 300hp(350hp at most) but I'm in LA so I'm restricted to only 91 oct. and I'm also very very confused lol I've been also reading that the ATP GTX2860R can't run to the full potential do to restrictive fuel and have seen they have the auex fuel kit.....but how will that do with 91 oct? And of course when I get the turbo installed I plan on getting a tune with it. Any help would help and what my best options might be to run 300hp on 91oct. Thanks!
ATP and DHM both run Garrett turbos; the restriction with ATP is the exhaust manifold. You do have a bit of a conundrum... I believe [MENTION=235]koozy[/MENTION] can help you out here. He's in LA and runs a DHM kit. As for the X37, I don't know if you can run meth in Cali, but if you want to see anything close to 300whp you're going to need it. Also, DHM can do a catted downpipe, and plumb the external wastegate back in to keep it clean.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
ATP and DHM both run Garrett turbos; the restriction with ATP is the exhaust manifold. You do have a bit of a conundrum... I believe [MENTION=235]koozy[/MENTION] can help you out here. He's in LA and runs a DHM kit. As for the X37, I don't know if you can run meth in Cali, but if you want to see anything close to 300whp you're going to need it. Also, DHM can do a catted downpipe, and plumb the external wastegate back in to keep it clean.
Like Hijinx said. You're goint to need to run a DHM kit or one of the larger ATP kits if you have any hope of hitting 300+Whp with only 91 oct. I would do it right the first time and go DHM. More money, but better engineering and better parts. ATP kits are proven to be laggy and don't make great power on 91oct. There are a few guys, Hijinx included running DHM kits and they can tell you about spool and there particular HP numbers. To me, you shouldn't be targeting a particular HP number if the way the power is delivered is not good. I would prefer a system that makes 270whp and had quick spool with a wide power band than a turbo set up that makes a ton of power but is laggy and only makes the power way up in the RPM range. That's just my .02. Point being if you want to brag about numbers, there are a few kits that will give you big numbers. If you want a car thats fast and fun to drive daily your options are far more limited if you're only running 91 oct and want 300whp. I would try to find someone with a turbo upgrade, any kind. Be it X-37, Cyborg, ATP or DHM and see if you can drive it to guage what you like or not. The worst thing you can do is pay big money for a kit that doesn't meet your expectations. Do it right the first time, save money and be happy.

OP
D
Thread Starter #5
I'd look into the X37 or the Cyborg, those are some of the best turbos for the FIST right now. you keep the stock spool but have more top end. I'm going to go with one of those options when I get some funds, the x37 is going to be out of stock for a couple months from what I've been seeing on the forums.
Word yea I think I might just go with a x37, might be my best option, thanks

OP
D
Thread Starter #6
Yea no way I'd be able to run meth in Cali on streets lol I tried to order a aem intake before and they didn't even let me buy that
I seen that the x37 will probably make around 250 on 91, I wish DHM would be down to just sell me the turbo and the manifold since I have everything else that comes with the kit.

OP
D
Thread Starter #7
Like Hijinx said. You're goint to need to run a DHM kit or one of the larger ATP kits if you have any hope of hitting 300+Whp with only 91 oct. I would do it right the first time and go DHM. More money, but better engineering and better parts. ATP kits are proven to be laggy and don't make great power on 91oct. There are a few guys, Hijinx included running DHM kits and they can tell you about spool and there particular HP numbers. To me, you shouldn't be targeting a particular HP number if the way the power is delivered is not good. I would prefer a system that makes 270whp and had quick spool with a wide power band than a turbo set up that makes a ton of power but is laggy and only makes the power way up in the RPM range. That's just my .02. Point being if you want to brag about numbers, there are a few kits that will give you big numbers. If you want a car thats fast and fun to drive daily your options are far more limited if you're only running 91 oct and want 300whp. I would try to find someone with a turbo upgrade, any kind. Be it X-37, Cyborg, ATP or DHM and see if you can drive it to guage what you like or not. The worst thing you can do is pay big money for a kit that doesn't meet your expectations. Do it right the first time, save money and be happy.
Yea unfortunately I don't know anybody else with a fiesta st, and yea That's why I'm trying to see how everybody else has there's before I spend. Might have to just settle with a x37 but I seen that they will push about 250 on 91....Cali has the worst car laws smh

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Yea no way I'd be able to run meth in Cali on streets lol I tried to order a aem intake before and they didn't even let me buy that
I seen that the x37 will probably make around 250 on 91, I wish DHM would be down to just sell me the turbo and the manifold since I have everything else that comes with the kit.
Don't assume that 250HP is slow. My Cyborg pulls hard all the way to redline and it's pretty quick. Way quicker than stock and that's on 93octane. The perfect street turbo.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Their turbo kit requires a different downpipe. The manifold put the turbo in a different location. Email Russ and ask for a quote on a kit consisting of manifold, turbo, and downpipe. He'll give you a price

OP
D
Thread Starter #10
Don't assume that 250HP is slow. My Cyborg pulls hard all the way to redline and it's pretty quick. Way quicker than stock and that's on 93octane. The perfect street turbo.
I never assumed it was slow. Just wanted to know how everybody else's set up n how happy the driver was lol what would be your guess-timate on your 0-60 time? I just want more straight line power cuz it handles corners like a champ but I get walked in straight lines after about 60-70mph by v8s

OP
D
Thread Starter #11
Their turbo kit requires a different downpipe. The manifold put the turbo in a different location. Email Russ and ask for a quote on a kit consisting of manifold, turbo, and downpipe. He'll give you a price
Ohhh word i didn't know that lol thanks imma have to ask him. Hopefully it isn't a arm and a leg for it

OP
D
Thread Starter #12
Also thanks everybody that's trying to help a fellow fiesta owner out man I really appreciate it

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
I never assumed it was slow. Just wanted to know how everybody else's set up n how happy the driver was lol what would be your guess-timate on your 0-60 time? I just want more straight line power cuz it handles corners like a champ but I get walked in straight lines after about 60-70mph by v8s
I'm just about done tuning on 93 and I'll be dynoing it on a week or two. My 0-60 varies. It depends on what kind of launch you get. Let's just say that as of now, I can walk on a g37 Infiniti with 337hp. I pulled on a 07 mustang GT. The car has balls now and though it's not the fastest car on the street, it's faster than a lot of other cars out there.

Not only that but no downpipe you have will work as they use a 3 bolt flange to bolt up to the stock and atp turbos; whereas the DHM kits use vband flanges and clamps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
There's a DHM Labor Day sale going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

koozy

3000 Post Club
I say DHM [twothumb]

charge pipe.

intake elbow adapter to turbo from stock OE intake tube.

turbo manifold.

TIAL BOV and Wastegate.

GESI catted downpipe with recirculating wastegate discharge pipe.

oil drain tube. it's all in the details.

The DHM turbo kit main components pre-assembled.

Here's shot inside of the collector. Hard to capture, but it is really sharp and knife edged.

The OE turbo assembly next to the DHM unit.

[raceflag]
If anyone is interested in seeing what's involved to install a DHM turbo kit, here are my notes.
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/8141-DHM-Turbo-Kit-Installation-Notes-amp-Guide

OP
D
Thread Starter #17
I say DHM [twothumb]

charge pipe.

turbo manifold.

TIAL BOV and Wastegate.

Here's shot inside of the collector. Hard to capture, but it is really sharp and knife edged.

[raceflag]
If anyone is interested in seeing what's involved to install a DHM turbo kit, here are my notes.
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/8141-DHM-Turbo-Kit-Installation-Notes-amp-Guide
Is this the quick spool kit?

OP
D
Thread Starter #18
I'm just about done tuning on 93 and I'll be dynoing it on a week or two. My 0-60 varies. It depends on what kind of launch you get. Let's just say that as of now, I can walk on a g37 Infiniti with 337hp. I pulled on a 07 mustang GT. The car has balls now and though it's not the fastest car on the street, it's faster than a lot of other cars out there.
Oh ok nice, your running a cyborg right? Where did you buy one? I tried looking it up on google but didn't find it

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I say DHM [twothumb]

charge pipe.

turbo manifold.

TIAL BOV and Wastegate.

[raceflag]
Going 'stealth' (UP TOP at least LOL!) with the factory air box/intake tubes??

That stuff sure is PURDY!! [twothumb]

In that last pic, the DHM system looks like it is about to EAT the stocker, WHOLE, AND IN ONE BITE! [crazyeye]

Based

that's just with whats in your sig? sheesh.