Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Modified Fiesta ST Update Review after 2 years and 24,000 miles

OP
B

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #41
2 more thoughts:

1. I like your old mustang! Go Gen-X! Just started reading "Ready Player One"....80s ftw...

2. I have become interested in your decals such that I am in the process of designing my own. Similar but different. I plan to use graphite grey to mesh with the rest of my black/grey theme. As you pointed out there are a few nice curves where a decal might look really nice. I'm gonna experiment with a few designs. I see in your album there it looks like you had a very basic design at first (2 straight lines) and then went for the advanced (3 with the swoosh).

Anyhow thanks for the inspiration.
thanks Jeff! I am coming up on my 22nd year of owning my Mustang. It doesn't get out nearly enough during the summer lately, but I still love the car. I have had the car since I was 15 and don't ever plan on parting with it.

I started the graphics with a few MS Paint/PowerPoint sketches trying out different designs. After picking the design I wanted, I developed a grid pattern on the side of the car (actually my 2011) using painters tape. This gave me a X and Y measurement on the body lines. I put the X and Y points into SolidWorks CAD software and started creating the shape. I printed out the design, taped it to the car, and adjusted the curves as needed. Once I had the design where I wanted it, I sent the file to John Klein of ReKleiner Graphics for review. He made a few tweaks so the design could be cut out of vinyl and sent me color samples of the vinyl wrap. After everything was set, he cut the design and sent it to me. My dad, brother, and I installed the graphics ourselves. They fit perfect! I would suggest working with John as he can make all sorts of designs. He does a number of rally and autocross cars.