Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Modified Fiesta ST Update Review after 2 years and 24,000 miles

BRGT350

1000 Post Club

jeff

2000 Post Club
Nice video, thanks. It's nice to see somebody enjoying the car with minimal modifications. That exhaust is a bit loud for me but to each his own.

Great video skills too, I appreciate the work you put to it and all the different camera angles.

OP
B

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
thanks Jeff,
There is also a lot of road noise from the Yokohama S-drives getting old. The car is much quieter with the snow tires. Under acceleration, the exhaust sound is very noticeable, but quiets down for cruise. I am really pleased how a small number of key modifications really made a difference in the car. My Focus ZX3 was too crazy with the modifications and the car became unreliable, suffered drivability issues, and was generally a PITA on the street. My SVT Focus was barely touched from stock with a tune, shifter, UDP, and motor mount. That was a pretty good car, but never really had the appearance I had wanted with the performance. My 2011 Fiesta was horribly underpowered and I was limited to what I could do. The ST is just right in every way. Balanced performance, great appearance, reliable, and great to drive.

I had a great time filming the different camera angles for this one. I was getting blasted in the comments from my videos not showing the car, not driving the car, too much sitting in the car, too much outside the car, and about anything else that could be complained about. I listened and came back with this video. I also bought a new Mac for editing instead of having to rely on my brother to do all the editing, which took months.

Chris G

Love it.

'I get a lot of people going... why don't you go Stage 2? Why aren't you Stage 3, BRO?!?' [rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

OP
B

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Love it.

'I get a lot of people going... why don't you go Stage 2? Why aren't you Stage 3, BRO?!?' [rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]
pretty much why I avoid the ST Facebook crowd. I do get a smile after having somebody pester me about going to stage 3 using random eBay bits and then seeing a post days later with the car on a flatbed being towed. "POS Ford broke again, bro"

Based

Nice video man I subscribed!

In terms of fun... I would say the 1997 Mazda Miata I had before this car was a bit more fun... But it is mostly accepted that a miata is pretty much the funniest car you could ever have :). I am still learning to appreciate the fiesta st for what it is though and I do enjoy driving it!

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I'll look forward to watching this, I enjoyed your other YouTube videos and you were one of the reasons I decided to get the FSWerks catback.

OP
B

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Nice video man I subscribed!

In terms of fun... I would say the 1997 Mazda Miata I had before this car was a bit more fun... But it is mostly accepted that a miata is pretty much the funniest car you could ever have :). I am still learning to appreciate the fiesta st for what it is though and I do enjoy driving it!
I have driven a few Miatas, including a first gen, and they are really fun cars. They lack the room to haul golf clubs and RC planes like I can do with my Fiesta ;)

Thanks for the subscribe as well!

OP
B

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
Saving this for later, because I quite enjoy your videos. Also what autocross class do you run?
I ran in STX due to the modifications, which meant I was way outclassed. 3 series BMW's and a highly modded Focus ST made me look silly out on course. Having an old set of tires didn't help either, but I still had a lot of fun which is why I go out and autocross. The car is more capable than the driver since I only get out about once a year to autocross and typically it is with my Mustang. This year with the first outing with my ST. I had run the Fiesta Movement car prior to that in 2013.

I ran in STX due to the modifications, which meant I was way outclassed. 3 series BMW's and a highly modded Focus ST made me look silly out on course. Having an old set of tires didn't help either, but I still had a lot of fun which is why I go out and autocross. The car is more capable than the driver since I only get out about once a year to autocross and typically it is with my Mustang. This year with the first outing with my ST. I had run the Fiesta Movement car prior to that in 2013.
Not really sure why our cars are in STX not ...whatever is the modified FWD class, STF I think? Either way I'd be doing autocross for fun too, if I did get serious I'd just get some batshit crazy near slick tires and that would probably level the playing field some, provided its a turn heavy course. Out of curiosity, what is your mod list?

OP
B

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
STX seemed like a catch-all for stuff nobody knows where to put it. To be really competitive with a Fiesta ST, I would follow the HS rule book. That doesn't line up with what I want to do with the car, plus I don't get out nearly enough to warrant just doing modifications for HS. I am happy to just dodge some cones even if I am the slowest car in class.

Here is my modification list;

Vehicle Specifications;
2015 Ford Fiesta ST 1.6L EcoBoost I4
Performance Blue
Storm Grey Recaro Seats
mountune air filter
Modified air box
Cobb/mountune Accessport V3
Cobb rear motor mount
mountune Sport Springs
mountune Hot Side Charge Pipe
mountune Silicone Induction Tube
FSWerks Sport Cat-back Exhaust
FSWerks Short Shifter
Axis Touring Cup wheels
P215/40 17 Yokohama S-Drive Tires
Sparco Pista wheels
General Altimax-Arctic winter tires
DEI gold fold wrapped induction tubes
G2 caliper paint
Redline Goods Shift Boot
FordRallyeSport graphics
Martini graphics by Rekleiner Graphics

jeff

2000 Post Club
STX seemed like a catch-all for stuff nobody knows where to put it. To be really competitive with a Fiesta ST, I would follow the HS rule book. That doesn't line up with what I want to do with the car, plus I don't get out nearly enough to warrant just doing modifications for HS. I am happy to just dodge some cones even if I am the slowest car in class.

Here is my modification list...
Good man,

I am interested in the CC platinum wheel sealant. After researching a bit I've discovered that this product adds a fair amount of gloss to the wheels. Can you comment on this? I like the idea of the product but am wondering how glossy it is going to make my wheels.

Thanks!

PS, also did you source it from the UK or did you find a stateside retailer?

OP
B

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
I bought mine in the US using the link provided on the carbon collective USA instagram page. I had thought Fifteen52 sold it, but I didn't find it this spring. As for glossy, I am not sure. I had wet sanded and polished the wheels using multiple different polishes prior to applying the sealant. I have to imagine it adds a glossy element to the wheels since anything slippery needs a smooth finish and a smooth finish tends to be glossy. Just applying Rain-X to my windshield makes it glossier. Without the wheel sealant, my white wheels would be stained by now, even with twice a week and sometimes 3 times a week cleaning. The staining is why I needed to wet sand and repolish the wheels every spring. So far, not staining yet :)

And I'm just sitting over here trying to figure out how to keep my car clean for more than 20 minutes....

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

Here is my modification list;

Vehicle Specifications;
2015 Ford Fiesta ST 1.6L EcoBoost I4
Performance Blue
Storm Grey Recaro Seats
mountune air filter
Modified air box
Cobb/mountune Accessport V3
Cobb rear motor mount
mountune Sport Springs
mountune Hot Side Charge Pipe
mountune Silicone Induction Tube
FSWerks Sport Cat-back Exhaust
FSWerks Short Shifter
Axis Touring Cup wheels
P215/40 17 Yokohama S-Drive Tires
Sparco Pista wheels
General Altimax-Arctic winter tires
DEI gold fold wrapped induction tubes
G2 caliper paint
Redline Goods Shift Boot
FordRallyeSport graphics
Martini graphics by Rekleiner Graphics
Are your Axis wheels 7s, 7.5s, or 8s in width?

OP
B

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
pretty sure they are 7" wide. Coming up on 16 years since I ordered them, so the exact specs are a little fuzzy. Next trip out to the garage I will see if I can find the cast in size.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
confirmed 7" wide on the Axis Touring Cups
Is the steering response is pretty good on that setup, because if so, it goes contrary to all of those on here saying that a 215 section width tire HAS TO BE mounted on an at least an 8" wide wheel (whether it is a 215/45-16, OR a 215/40-17) in order to be decent in this respect. [???:)]

OP
B

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #20
I have been using a 215 size tire on those same wheels since 2000, the only difference is the Focus used a 45 series aspect ratio and the Fiesta uses a 40. The SVT Focus came from the factory with 7" wheels and a 215 wide tire. My dad's 1985 Saleen uses a 7" wide wheel and P225 wide tires. Not sure where the data comes from saying a 215 wide tire needs a 8" wheel.