Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Swift Spec-R Springs

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Well where I live there are terrible roads I have to pass through on a regular basis so I wound up switching to koni Str.T with stock springs. I was considering using these swift specs with the Konis but my only concern is the drop might be too much...the Eibachs were already pushing it, though I really loved the look. I still have my stock dampers with the eibach springs sitting on them now in the koni box. Maybe I'll switch them before my next road trip...

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
SoyFiesta
Thread Starter #22
This photo is what I've been looking for. Pretty much confirms I'll go with these springs.

I been running these all summer and doing autocross with them. They really helped compared to stock imo.

Mine on 15x7 td and 205/50 re71r's

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I'm still on factory struts. Springs been on for about 10k miles now. I think the springs helped the ride a little bit. I might go with konis with them Next year to see if helps even more. I'm not a fan of cheaper coilovers.

PELL

The swift are the ones I am leaning towards. The drop is perfect in my opinion and with no rub issues this sounds pretty great. How often do you scrape the front?

PELL

Great to hear, going with swift for sure. Recommend purchasing from anywhere to support a community? Going to throw these on the same time I go 4x100.

OP
SoyFiesta
Thread Starter #28
I wonder if it's best to wait until Black Friday to get these now. I'm sure there will be some great specials to wait a couple months

GAbOS

The SA Konis are an amazing strut. Very popular in the BMW e30 world. I've ridden in cars with them and put them above Billy Sports any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The SA Konis are an amazing strut. Very popular in the BMW e30 world. I've ridden in cars with them and put them above Billy Sports any day.
AGREED! I had them on my 4th gen Z28, in the double adjustable version, with the GC coilover conversion on the fronts, and they were EXCELLENT!!!! [twothumb]

I still want to use the Koni Sports with either the Swift factory diameter strut springs over them, or a GC coilover conversion (IF they ever release one) with the Swift 2.5" diameter coilover springs on their collars, for THIS car, eventually. [wink]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
So these seem more track oriented spring?
Despite their looks, I am assured by the Swift techs that they ARE a linear rate spring, so in a way, yes, more track oriented in that they do not have that short travel 'cushiness' that all of the other progressive rate springs have built right into them, but they are MUCH more accurate because of this and will never be subject to coil bind, like the progressives could.