Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Swift Spec-R Springs

I am thinking of picking up the Swift Spec-R Springs. I haven't found too much searching the forum here, especially pictures of how they look installed on factory wheels. Does anyone have any feedback on these springs or pictures of them installed?

Thanks [raceflag]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
+1

Subbing to this as these are the only suspension change I am considering doing while using the factory dampers, at least until some better coil over kits, or Koni Sport double adjustables (with either these springs, or a GC coil over kit over them) come on down the pike. ;)

The Spec Rs are a linear rate spring, and supposedly matched to take full advantage of the rebound and compression rates of the stock damper's valving.

OP
SoyFiesta
Thread Starter #4
On average what should they cost to get installed? One place quoted me $195 to get them installed (2 hours of labor)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

I have them. The ride height is slightly higher then shown in the photo (car was on a slight hill). I like them, they are definitely stiffer then stock!
^^^17x8 (Motegis?) with 205/40-17 Sumitomos on them?
(Just to get an idea of size vs. clearance. ;) )

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
OK, thanks. [thumb]

I asked because the (sidewall) profile looked low enough to be a 205/40.

That is the approx. tire height I would use (a Star Spec 2 in that same size), so it's good to see that it will work with those springs if I end up with them.

ANY rubbing at all, under any conditions?

The ride is definitely stiffer than stock, and less bouncy. The car feels like it it on rails. I personally like how stiff they are. If you live in a area with terrible roads these may not be the best (unless you like to be rattled around).

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I been running these all summer and doing autocross with them. They really helped compared to stock imo.

Mine on 15x7 td and 205/50 re71r's

PELL

Plainrt your car i must say looks great, perfect ride height. With winter right around the corner (frost heaves) and a long commute on NH and ME roads i am debating if these may be on the stiffer end of things for a 120+ mile commute every day. I have 2 weeks to decide on springs, mountune | swift | Eibach Pro-kit.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Plainrt your car i must say looks great, perfect ride height. With winter right around the corner (frost heaves) and a long commute on NH and ME roads i am debating if these may be on the stiffer end of things for a 120+ mile commute every day. I have 2 weeks to decide on springs, mountune | swift | Eibach Pro-kit.
I used the eibach with stock shocks and they also improved handling. The ride also improved a bit. I liked them everywhere except the bumpiest roads and they took a lot of the bounce out helping to keep the tires firmly planted. The drop is slightly higher though.

Sent using Tapatalk