Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Has anyone used the Hankook Ventus R-S3 verson 2?

OP
A
Thread Starter #21
Well that would be a completely different setup than what I have with the 15x8

Overall diameter with a 225 45 17 would be 25"

Overall diameter with a 225 45 15 is 23"

I'm going with the same coils and know they will fit fine with my 15x8 but you won't be able to fit them with a 225 wide tire on a 17"
Didn't think so. For whatever reason I initially thought you have a 15" with 225-50s and was praying I could squeeze it out. I know nothing about rolling fenders but I was unsure if that'd even be enough. Knowing what you have now I'd feel like a bastard if we had the same coils and then I go and buy the same 15x8 wheels and tires as you haha.

SFP

Didn't think so. For whatever reason I initially thought you have a 15" with 225-50s and was praying I could squeeze it out. I know nothing about rolling fenders but I was unsure if that'd even be enough. Knowing what you have now I'd feel like a bastard if we had the same coils and then I go and buy the same 15x8 wheels and tires as you haha.
Yea a 50 profile tire wont fit with this setup, and no worries as im not the only one with this setup.

OP
A
Thread Starter #23
I just emailed perfect circle...time see what they have and if they ship out here. The other wheel I was looking at were the advanti (I believe they were called) in a 17x8 and only 16.8lbs. But I think they're ugly as hell and only come in gloss black in our bolt pattern.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If you would want a 17x8 wheel it would be my old setup on the totaled 2015. 17x8 38 offset with 215/40ZR17
Is that stock/factory ride height and suspension in that pic??

That is about PERFECT for the way it sits (to me), and IF I decide I can live with the weight of the 1.2s in that size, and the weight of ANY of the tires in that size, I will go with that setup!!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yep they are awesome tires! I have them on some 15x8's
I LOVE that setup, but would not want to go with it until I was able to lower the ride height a little, due to the big fender gap, but, it is a little bit better than the also popular in this size, Rival Ses in that dept., being .2 taller in O.D. than the BFGs. [thumb]

SFP

I LOVE that setup, but would not want to go with it until I was able to lower the ride height a little, due to the big fender gap, but, it is a little bit better than the also popular in this size, Rival Ses in that dept., being .2 taller in O.D. than the BFGs. [thumb]
The gap has grown on me lol

I might lower it a tad with coils but nothing crazy.

OP
A
Thread Starter #37
Reviving my dead thread to ask about anyone using them through winter or in early spring? My 16x7 bronze 1.2s are on their way and the tires are being ordered from tirerack. So I was wondering if it's a bad idea to put them on in March? As I'm in a much cooler climate than most.