Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mud Flap Comparison?

I run WRC gravel spec urethane up front and Sparco in the rear. The Sparco's fell apart after 8 winters, but are crazy cheap. The WRC gravel mudflaps are going on their 16th winter and are still holding up very well. These are universal and much larger than RokBloks (however they are spelled) or RallyArmor. With being universal, you need to figure out how to mount them. I have never had an issue mounting them on cars. The front have been on (2) different Focuses, and (3) different Fiestas. I also have a set on my wife's Escape. I use self tapping screws and get about 2 winters out of the fasteners before the rust and abrasion destroy them. The WRC gravel and Sparco ones are not nearly as rigid as others out there, which isn't bad since they vibrate and knock the snow and ice off. I also like how large they are inside the inner fender. The ones cut to fit the Fiesta leave large openings of the inner fender unprotected. The abrasion of the inner fender make them look terrible come spring time. I added some rubber extensions to the front mud flaps so they sit about .50" off the ground for maximum protection. I also made a shield that goes under the doors to protect the skirts and rear quarter from any debris that sneaks past the front mud flaps.

How did you attach the rear flaps? Any pictures of this by chance? I really want to get some, but the Rally Armor ones don't seem to offer much protection in the back wheel well and I'm thinking some of the ones like you have will fit the bill perfectly, but I'm worried about mounting. The fronts look fairly straight-forward though.

OP
Spaceman_Spiff
Thread Starter #25
How did you attach the rear flaps? Any pictures of this by chance? I really want to get some, but the Rally Armor ones don't seem to offer much protection in the back wheel well and I'm thinking some of the ones like you have will fit the bill perfectly, but I'm worried about mounting. The fronts look fairly straight-forward though.
THIS. I bought the universal Rally Armors and was able to mount the fronts with no problems (screwed directly into the liner, as suggested). However, there isn't much to attach to in the rear.

jeff

2000 Post Club
THIS. I bought the universal Rally Armors and was able to mount the fronts with no problems (screwed directly into the liner, as suggested). However, there isn't much to attach to in the rear.
I did a DIY on the universal RA flaps about a week ago, check it out, I have detailed instructions and pictures of how I constructed everything, they are quite sturdy.