Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GFB dv+ installed

KKaWing

Ya us north of the border have it hard sometime. I hate it at times.
To clarify, we need to pay duty for anything over $20. Yes, our government loses money to collect money...

Edit: Further clarification: If I import say... MeisterR's, it would be the $995 + 6% duty for non-NAFTA suspension parts + shipping, then tax (13% here). If you're lucky, they won't tax the duty, but sometimes they just roll it all into one calculation. Dispute w/o paying = no item, dispute w/ paying = good freggin luck, and you can return the item. Yep, we're screwed [shameful]

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club

KKaWing

XD Thanks, when I look into my bank account with lots of 0's with no leading digit and my empty wallet, I'll think of you [hihi]

OP
D
Thread Starter #27
Update***
Checked all clamps, rechecked 3 bolts holding dv+, two clamps slightly loose but barely.
AP is now registering a progressive ramp in psi through all gears as followed:
1st 18 psi
2nd 20 psi
3rd. 21.25 psi
4th 22.93

Stopped all pulls after 4th gear.
Originally all gears registered 22+ psi. Even after the initial install it registered the same. I filled my tank up after about 3-4 pulls. Still no boost issues, went to sleep woke up the next day and voila, all of a sudden my gas mileage slightly dropped and I was no longer hitting my boost targets with my Cobb stg3 it's tune.

I do not attribute this to the GFB DV+! If I do have a boost leak it would be registering low vacuum numbers but I am still seeing -10.5 for vacuum. Although the boost loss and mileage dropping would suggest otherwise!

Fifteen minutes ago I re-installed the same 91 Oct stage 3 tune that was already on the car. After the flash the Fist felt a bit more peppy.....but no more huge punch in 1-3rd gears like there use to be.
Could anyone please shed some light on this weird situation I'm having??

The only idea I can come up with is bad gas?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Update***
Checked all clamps, rechecked 3 bolts holding dv+, two clamps slightly loose but barely.
AP is now registering a progressive ramp in psi through all gears as followed:
1st 18 psi
2nd 20 psi
3rd. 21.25 psi
4th 22.93

Stopped all pulls after 4th gear.
Originally all gears registered 22+ psi. Even after the initial install it registered the same. I filled my tank up after about 3-4 pulls. Still no boost issues, went to sleep woke up the next day and voila, all of a sudden my gas mileage slightly dropped and I was no longer hitting my boost targets with my Cobb stg3 it's tune.

I do not attribute this to the GFB DV+! If I do have a boost leak it would be registering low vacuum numbers but I am still seeing -10.5 for vacuum. Although the boost loss and mileage dropping would suggest otherwise!

Fifteen minutes ago I re-installed the same 91 Oct stage 3 tune that was already on the car. After the flash the Fist felt a bit more peppy.....but no more huge punch in 1-3rd gears like there use to be.
Could anyone please shed some light on this weird situation I'm having??

The only idea I can come up with is bad gas?

I'm also Cobb stg3 and started having similar problems. I figured it was a loose connection on my hot side charge. Looked and looked but couldn't find it. Another guy in the shop walks over and looks at my car and sees that my charge pipe is cracked at the weld connecting it to the oil sump. I took pictures and sent it to cobb...they sent me a new charge pipe free with no further questions asked. It doesn't seem that that's your problem though if you're getting more pressure with each gear change. I was still getting pretty big negative pressure on the AP with this issue.
The only other thing I think of is shifting through the gears quickly...or driving down hill and then leveling out/going up. Boost pressure builds faster under load.

OP
D
Thread Starter #29
Ive always tried to be on flat ground when testing though.

Ive always tried to be on flat ground when testing though.
I'm not sure then. Maybe someone else who's installed it will have some input. If you do fix it let me know as I just ordered mine yesterday. Another member on this forum (who's I can't tag because his name is in German) just installed it on his FiST also and loves it.

TUX15ST

Just got my GFB DV on last night, super easy to install with a long 5mm ball head hex socket, I agree with the OP as far as smoothness, feels good and I would recommend it for sure over stock.

OP
D
Thread Starter #32
Update***

As of last night I'm seeing 240psi. I believe it was all just a bad tank of gas. Or maybe this part does need a full re tune for the ecu?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club