Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GFB dv+ installed

OP
D
Thread Starter #41
Lol wow I didn't even see the added 0 until this minute!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Lol wow I didn't even see the added 0 until this minute!

Just roll with it. By the way, I ordered my DV+ this morning, so I'm holding you personally responsible if I generate anything less than 200 pounds of boost! Lol!

OP
D
Thread Starter #44
Btw I forgot to mention, the sound will be muted quite a bit. But once the brass piston begins to bed in, the sound in conclusion is very very nice!

Thank you [MENTION=3591]draxxus131[/MENTION] posting and starting this thread. Knew the factory solenoid DV didn't hold boost, but didn't want to change (revert) to vacuum operated DV. Used to log brief 25.3 psi peaks, now it'll hold above 25 psi from 3500-4500rpm and taper down to just over 18 psi at 5500.

Thanks [MENTION=1333]BoostBumps[/MENTION] for linking vids. Ho!y shite, the GFB DV+ is an ingenious design...

Still would like to see some datazap logs before/after of a pull through multiple gears to actually quantify what one of these things will do compared to a stock unit...

OP
D
Thread Starter #48
Still would like to see some datazap logs before/after of a pull through multiple gears to actually quantify what one of these things will do compared to a stock unit...
Shoot me a PM about datazap

I've been on the fence for a while and finally took the plunge. Mine comes in Friday!

OP
D
Thread Starter #52
It was louder before with a drop in panel filter. Slightly quieter now but with a great sound. You will hear it less in the cabin with Windows up

Ordered mine last night from Amazon. Looking forward to getting rid of that delay in boost between shifts!

KKaWing

With all this talk of boost... (embed pls work)

[video]https://youtu.be/TijJJFDlUmc?t=1m21s[/video]

Edit: Fail! Ahh I understand now, time coded links don't embed.

OP
D
Thread Starter #57
Alright so I went a datalogged about an hour ago in 75* weather. The virtual dyno logs are showing a drop in hp and torque. It does not feel slower by any means, then again this road tonight was a bit bumpy and had a crown to it.

Has anyone tested up to 27-29 psi? I'm just wondering about how far I can push this thing when I finally get my hybrid turbo on with a protune.

so your saying you lost power after installing yours? Did you check for boost leaks?
No, I haven't installed mine yet. I'm not doing it until my cyborg gets here. I'm asking if anyone else has installed it and run their psi that high and had any issues.

TUX15ST

Alright so I went a datalogged about an hour ago in 75* weather. The virtual dyno logs are showing a drop in hp and torque. It does not feel slower by any means, then again this road tonight was a bit bumpy and had a crown to it.

so your saying you lost power after installing yours? Did you check for boost leaks?