Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GFB dv+ installed

Has anyone tested up to 27-29 psi? I'm just wondering about how far I can push this thing when I finally get my hybrid turbo on with a protune.
I want to say that I read somewhere that it can handle up to 100psi, but I have been reading so much that it is all blurring together. However, this is a quote from their site about the DV+
" it doesn?t matter how much boost you push through it, the DV+ will open and close reliably without ever exceeding the solenoid?s capability." So, essentially you are replacing the stock weak parts while keeping and adding the strong parts. I am running almost 25psi on stock, so I am sure that it will handle 27-29 psi just fine.

I want to say that I read somewhere that it can handle up to 100psi, but I have been reading so much that it is all blurring together. However, this is a quote from their site about the DV+
" it doesn?t matter how much boost you push through it, the DV+ will open and close reliably without ever exceeding the solenoid?s capability." So, essentially you are replacing the stock weak parts while keeping and adding the strong parts. I am running almost 25psi on stock, so I am sure that it will handle 27-29 psi just fine.
Nice, thanks.

OP
D
Thread Starter #63
My issue didn't happen immediately after the install, took about 24-36 hours after. I have an underlying issue though.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Just finished installing mine today. Haven't had a chance to go out yet and test it. I was not a fun install, such a small cramped space.

Got a chance to take it for a spin. It definitely holds boost pressure better when shifting, which is always a good thing. I will keep an eye out for any drops in pressure over the next few days.

how's the boost lag/rev hang between shifts?
Boost lag has diminished greatly. I did not know how weak the stock DV was until I installed this. There were times that it in WOT it would feel like it spool up and kind of die slightly and spool back up. Not really like a surge but more of a boost oscillation. That is gone. Also it seems as though launching from 1st and the shift from 1st to 2nd have smoothed out. I don't get the bouncing chug that I used to driving in traffic. There is really just a slight hesitation when accelerating before the boost kicks in.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks. I'm buying it when i get home tonight. That lag between shifts drives me NUTS!!!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'd still like to know IF the boomba factory fit/use recirculating BPV/BOV setup is even MORE effective yet than the GFB part in helping all of the problems of the factory BPV. [dunno]

Soo....still, can anyone post actual before/after data that shows this thing actually reduces lag between shifts?

I'd still like to know IF the boomba factory fit/use recirculating BPV/BOV setup is even MORE effective yet than the GFB part in helping all of the problems of the factory BPV. [dunno]
It "probably" is long term if you're running an insane amount of boost. For someone like me who's decided to stay with the stock turbo for awhile, the simplicity of the DV+ just made more sense. And of course, there's always the advantage of it basically looking like stock.

Ideally, I'd like to see a pull through multiple gears...1-2-3-4 etc before and after so we can actually see the time to full boost between each shift.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I just ordered mine from Amazon. 139.50, free next day shipping! What should i log while i'm still stock [MENTION=4398]MS67[/MENTION]?

Boost, throttle %, elapsed time and RPM would be nice, logged through several pulls through multiple gears. Preferably speed shifting. :)

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Mine will be in on Friday. My Cyborg bleeds boost through the factory diverter past 26.4 psi. Once My GFB DV+ and Cyborg 39 is installed, I should be able to hit 27-28 psi no problem.

Mine will be in on Friday. My Cyborg bleeds boost through the factory diverter past 26.4 psi. Once My GFB DV+ and Cyborg 39 is installed, I should be able to hit 27-28 psi no problem.
Can these motors handle that much boost or have you done internal and fuel upgrades?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk