Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GFB dv+ installed

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Can these motors handle that much boost or have you done internal and fuel upgrades?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They can handle 400+ to the wheels for short term bursts on pure factory stock internals, to handle the cylinder pressures necessary to maintain that kind of power, steadily, for long periods of time is another story which no one it seems has really tested.

I'd like to see an endurance test on an engine dyno of a 1.6 Ecoboost fitted with ALL of the necessary auxiliary add-ons/mods and very powerful fans in front of the full race size IC to even attain those power levels, and run at those power levels until it pops.
I wonder how long it would last. [dunno]

From reading on here, the deduction I come to is that ancillary fueling (as in water-methanol injection, or an added single fuel/ethanol mix injector) is not absolutely necessary until one hits ~330 WHP, although it does seem to take at least a 70% 93 octane fuel/30% ethanol mix to hit that 330+ to the wheels mark.
(PLEASE someone, correct me if I have the above, or ANY of this post, ALL wrong!!)

As far as I have seen, or heard, no one has come up with much bigger direct injectors and stronger/higher capacity D.I. fuel pumps, or with a doubled up direct injection system (2 per cylinder) yet, probably due to the logistics involved, programming the ECU for it, actual room available in the head's combustion chamber roof, and of course, the prohibitive cost involved in this endeavor.

I do believe I have seen, or at least heard of someone adding a whole ancillary PORT injection system (1 port injector per cylinder) in addition to the factory D.I. system, to help with big power/turbo fueling needs.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
They can handle 400+ to the wheels for short term bursts on pure factory stock internals, to handle the cylinder pressures necessary to maintain that kind of power, steadily, for long periods of time is another story which no one it seems has really tested.

I'd like to see an endurance test on an engine dyno of a 1.6 Ecoboost fitted with ALL of the necessary auxiliary add-ons/mods and very powerful fans in front of the full race size IC to even attain those power levels, and run at those power levels until it pops.
I wonder how long it would last. [dunno]

From reading on here, the deduction I come to is that ancillary fueling (as in water-methanol injection, or an added single fuel/ethanol mix injector) is not absolutely necessary until one hits ~330 WHP, although it does seem to take at least a 70% 93 octane fuel/30% ethanol mix to hit that 330+ to the wheels mark.
(PLEASE someone, correct me if I have the above, or ANY of this post, ALL wrong!!)

As far as I have seen, or heard, no one has come up with much bigger direct injectors and stronger/higher capacity D.I. fuel pumps, or with a doubled up direct injection system (2 per cylinder) yet, probably due to the logistics involved, programming the ECU for it, actual room available in the head's combustion chamber roof, and of course, the prohibitive cost involved in this endeavor.

I do believe I have seen, or at least heard of someone adding a whole ancillary PORT injection system (1 port injector per cylinder) in addition to the factory D.I. system, to help with big power/turbo fueling needs.
Stratified auxiliary fuel injector. Stratified Tuning sells the kit. There are quite a few forum members running it. Car can withstand 400whp, but that's in short bursts like you said. Don't know of anyone other than Hijinx that runs 400whp. He drags his car and does 1/2 mile top speed events. He pushed his tune to see what the car could handle and it popped the motor. There are like 3 or 4 guys on the forum pushing 350+ whp, they all have fueling adjustments. Some have the Stratified aux fuel set up. Others run E-30 and Meth etc. The fuel delivery is this cars immediate short coming when it comes to power. I'm guessing it will be a while before the Hi Pressure fuel pump issues are resolved. The injectors can keep up to 400 whp without maxing out.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Boost, throttle %, elapsed time and RPM would be nice, logged through several pulls through multiple gears. Preferably speed shifting. :)
I haven't forgotten. Resolved an issues with my AP mount last night. I'll start logging this week to get the hang of it (never logged). install DV and more logs probably this weekend.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I also got normal drive logs and a few pulls. My suspicion is the fall from boost to vacuum will more normalized and smoother especially between quick shifts. Right now boost goes from 20psi to -11 in 3 readings or 150ms

XuperXero

Can the GFB DV+ work with BOV adapter? Like Boomba or Forged.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Interesting question and one I was thinking, even though I will never run a BOV too garish of a sound for me. But without doing it personally there are 2 point I see to this. 1 bolts will need to be longer. The bolts with the BOV will not be long enough for the BOV and DV+. Secondly the DV+ is design to slowly release pressure when the accelerator is released as oppose to complete dump with the stock system. Therefore even if every is compatible the BOV woosh sound will likely sound more like a boost leak (which you can see/hear in the DV+ design video when Brent toggles the mechanical switch with the compressor @ 30psi.)

But I could be wrong on the second part and until someone does it it is only speculation.

As far are will it wreck the performance. I do not think so. The BOV was always an amplifier of the boost bleed from the stock valve teh upgraded DV+ valve is self reliant and should operate with the BOV.

Should work fine. Just measure the difference between stock bolts and those that come with the Boomba, then add that to the DV+ bolts. Out of curiosity, I stuck the two together before installing the DV+ and they went together just fine. (I had a BOV adapter I got tired of laying around)

So I finally got around to getting my GFB dv+ installed today and I must say, the sound is great. Definitely a louder than the stock BPV when shifting from 1st to 2nd, but for sure WAY louder when going WOT between say 2nd and 3rd, and 3rd to 4th. That for sure put a HUGE smile on my face. I can also see where people were saying that the boost is held better between 1st and 2nd gear. I don't feel the lag any more in those gears, and that is really nice.

Installing this on a cyborg39 this week. Should be pretty telling once the tune gets the boost cranked up :)
I have one waiting too I'll be installing it at the same time as the cyborg39...along with spark plugs, symposer delete, 2 pt brace, and splitter. Gunna be a long Saturday when it finally gets in lol.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
That's exactly what I'm thinking. What psi are you up to? Or planning on?
I hit 28.25 psi yesterday on the regular cyborg with stock BOV. I'm not going afte a particular Psi, since it on it's own is not an indication of power. I'm thinking on 93 Octane I will probably be running around 26 ish Psi and on E-30 probably 28ish maybe 29 in cool weather. Remember since the internals of the turbo are bigger, you will make the same WHP with less Psi. I'm just hoping it runs strong, smooth power delivery and reliable since i'm going to the track next month to see how she does. (Sebring)[driving]

I hit 28.25 psi yesterday on the regular cyborg with stock BOV. I'm not going afte a particular Psi, since it on it's own is not an indication of power. I'm thinking on 93 Octane I will probably be running around 26 ish Psi and on E-30 probably 28ish maybe 29 in cool weather. Remember since the internals of the turbo are bigger, you will make the same WHP with less Psi. I'm just hoping it runs strong, smooth power delivery and reliable since i'm going to the track next month to see how she does. (Sebring)[driving]
Nice, let me know how it goes. We just had a pretty serious track day up at the Nurburgring on Saturday. Acted a little stupid on the GP track, it's so wide I could really play around and test some limits lol. Hopefully I'll get the video soon from the car that was behind me. That was the last day I'll be up there for the season and the last day the GP track will be open for the year. So now it's time to get all the parts installed and tune perfected before throwing on some serious wheels and tires and hitting the track again in April. Really looking forward to making some awesome times next year. Hopefully with a little more guidance from the excellent drivers up there and a lot more practice I'll be down into the 8 minutes next year.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Nice, let me know how it goes. We just had a pretty serious track day up at the Nurburgring on Saturday. Acted a little stupid on the GP track, it's so wide I could really play around and test some limits lol. Hopefully I'll get the video soon from the car that was behind me. That was the last day I'll be up there for the season and the last day the GP track will be open for the year. So now it's time to get all the parts installed and tune perfected before throwing on some serious wheels and tires and hitting the track again in April. Really looking forward to making some awesome times next year. Hopefully with a little more guidance from the excellent drivers up there and a lot more practice I'll be down into the 8 minutes next year.
Sounds like a lot of fun. When are you doing your install and what other parts are you putting on?

Sounds like a lot of fun. When are you doing your install and what other parts are you putting on?
Installing everything Saturday morning it'll be the 2 point brace up front, 1 step colder plugs, Dv+, cyborg39 (with ported manifold and upgraded WGA, cobb downpipe. Going from Stage 2 ots tune to cyborg 39 pro-tuned by Ken. Gunna change my life lol.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Installing everything Saturday morning it'll be the 2 point brace up front, 1 step colder plugs, Dv+, cyborg39 (with ported manifold and upgraded WGA, cobb downpipe. Going from Stage 2 ots tune to cyborg 39 pro-tuned by Ken. Gunna change my life lol.
[offtopic]I don't know about change your life, but it will transform the car for sure. Like going from Pee Wee Herman to Sylvester Stallone. Not quite Arnold Swartzenegger, but close[strongman]