Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GFB dv+ installed

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club

Juss say'n

You basically destroy the stock BOV to install this. No big deal. The instructions sort of act like you should keep the stock parts, but to remove the part they tell you to remove, it's not likely to come off without breaking it. Just a "heads up".
Pretty cool and seems well made.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

Juss say'n

You basically destroy the stock BOV to install this. No big deal. The instructions sort of act like you should keep the stock parts, but to remove the part they tell you to remove, it's not likely to come off without breaking it. Just a "heads up".
Pretty cool and seems well made.
In your opinion, would the complete boomba racing replacement system BPV/BOV function any 'better' than this, even though it costs more, and entails a more complicated installation?? [dunno]

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
In your opinion, would the complete boomba racing replacement system BPV/BOV function any 'better' than this, even though it costs more, and entails a more complicated installation?? [dunno]
It's too soon for me to make a choice on that. I know this one it way way cheaper, and I like that. And by cheap, I don't mean low quality.

I'm not a huge boomba fan, but I really like the idea of the vaccum operated BOV. Would I pay $300 vs $150 ? No. Not if this works as well as it claims. (Back to work !! = me )

DvC

11 pages later, still nothing! Does anyone have ANY logs that show ANY definitive proof that this thing actually helps??

haste

1000 Post Club
11 pages later, still nothing! Does anyone have ANY logs that show ANY definitive proof that this thing actually helps??
11 pages? Good lord, son. Check your preferences. I am only on the beginning of page 3. [strongman]

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
lol I've got 3 "before" logs I haven't pulled off the AP yet. This has taken a back seat to the intake I'm piecing together since just about every kit out isn't what I'm looking for. But I log a pull everyday, weather permitting. And I'll do so until I install it. I figure about a week or so.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
It doesn't not work... Lol. Not my car, but I drove it to the scale... Cyborg39 installed and ready for a good tune :)

No doubt about it, the response over the normal cyborg is greatly improved.

I meant the diverter valve, not the Cyborg39. I'm looking for quantitative data that shows this will be an improvement over the stock DV.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
I meant the diverter valve, not the Cyborg39. I'm looking for quantitative data that shows this will be an improvement over the stock DV.
I'm not one who's really into data logging every parameter on my car, but I will report on my impressions. Main thing being max boost since my stock BOV was leaking boost past 26.5psi.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I installed this valve on one today.... Being it's not mine, I can't beat on it to give anyone info.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I don't mind u beating on it, but with the tune being for the old cyborg, probably not a good idea
Not my car :)
My GF gets mad at me because I drive her CX9 so slow.
My fist gets its guts beat out, but if it's not mine, I want minimal risk of issues, lol. I did def want to know 100% what it weighed so when I start plugging in V-dyno stuff, we know we are at REAL WEIGHTS and not guess work. Prob put 12-16miles on it.
No datalogs needed to know it responds faster though.

I'm really hoping this BOV works out though. It's cheap enough for pretty much everyone to consider, and it's not loud/annoying.

Not my car :)
My GF gets mad at me because I drive her CX9 so slow.
My fist gets its guts beat out, but if it's not mine, I want minimal risk of issues, lol. I did def want to know 100% what it weighed so when I start plugging in V-dyno stuff, we know we are at REAL WEIGHTS and not guess work. Prob put 12-16miles on it.
No datalogs needed to know it responds faster though.

I'm really hoping this BOV works out though. It's cheap enough for pretty much everyone to consider, and it's not loud/annoying.
You say annoying and I can agree to a point, but scaring pedestrians under an overpass with a BOV can be quite comical [lovest] This one though I may go BPV :)