Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GFB dv+ installed

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Wonderful post. Log is worth looking over carefully. I had no idea boost dropped from +14 at redline to -10 psi in 0.2 seconds during a shift with throttle lift. Then 0.6 sec to recover to 17 psi back on throttle. Very nice, quick and consistent shifts by the way. Generally dropping less than 2K rpm shift to shift.

If this valve upgrade provides benefits, this is the way to see them. Of course, only fanatics care about 0.1's of a second, but we have met the fanatics and they are us.

Now I wonder what flat foot shifting would show. I only use it on track when trying for a fast lap, but it does seem to hold boost better than throttle lift on shifts.
To be fair I think not only the fanatics will see the benefit. Depending on how long the DV+ takes to bleed boost. A normal drive shift may have the boost held avoiding the hesitation as the boost builds up again. Bigger intake and turbo would benefit even more with the valve holding the boost pressure.
[MENTION=3380]DvC[/MENTION] Great job. I have some logs but have not got the DV+ installed. For the next log do the same but can you also add a second log of normal daily touring style shifting to see how well and long the DV+ holds boost?

DvC

To be fair I think not only the fanatics will see the benefit. Depending on how long the DV+ takes to bleed boost. A normal drive shift may have the boost held avoiding the hesitation as the boost builds up again. Bigger intake and turbo would benefit even more with the valve holding the boost pressure.
[MENTION=3380]DvC[/MENTION] Great job. I have some logs but have not got the DV+ installed. For the next log do the same but can you also add a second log of normal daily touring style shifting to see how well and long the DV+ holds boost?
I will grab some normal driving logs later in the day when i go run some errands

DvC

Something it wrong, it should not be any louder and certainly doesnt sound like a turkey lol
i was trying to see if something else was up but it only installs one way and i figured since i hit vacuum and boost like i did before the install i figured it was on right. not sure how i could have f'd it up

DvC

Sounds like most of these cars. I will grab a vid when i go to get the daily driving logs

[video=youtube;KGIfOit0Y1Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGIfOit0Y1Y[/video]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Sounds like most of these cars. I will grab a vid when i go to get the daily driving logs

[video=youtube;KGIfOit0Y1Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGIfOit0Y1Y[/video]
The GFB sounds THAT prominently 'ricer loud'? [dunno]

I HOPE that the boomba complete system recirculating BPV sounds quieter than those above, especially with a closed air box, since I am trying to AVOID the 'ricer sound' AT ALL COSTS (it's bad enough that the aftermarket exhaust is going to sound a little like theirs [nono])!!!!!!!

TUX15ST

You never see more than 22 psi now? I typically see just over 24psi when i do pulls with mine, never logged it stock though... and is your boost holding? Just want to make sure its not a leak somewhere

DvC

You never see more than 22 psi now? I typically see just over 24psi when i do pulls with mine, never logged it before though... and is your boost holding? Just want to make sure its not a leak somewhere
yeah the log show consistent boost. maybe the car will take a while to relearn?

Where did you see more than 22psi on your original posted datalog (21.csv)?
I enabled the min/max on your datalog (21.csv), your peak boost is only 21.01 pre-GFB.
Post-GFB, you peak boost is reading 21.9. Am I missing something?

DvC

Where did you see more than 22psi on your original posted datalog (21.csv)?
I enabled the min/max on your datalog (21.csv), your peak boost is only 21.01 pre-GFB.
Post-GFB, you peak boost is reading 21.9. Am I missing something?
i rode with my wife both times and i saw it on the actual access port. let me take a look.

EDIT: youre right but after looking at my other logs from prior logging sessions i see as high as 23.79. not sure whats up today