Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GFB dv+ installed

Their description of the unit is all true after installing it earlier. It does what is described from the website. It now drives smoother because of a smooth boost threshold transition; don't quote me on this. The jumpy nature of a 1-2, it's virtually gone, due to pressure recharge happening so much quicker now. The engine feels smoother around town all together. Holds boost longer, boost threshold is shortened.

I am quite happy with this upgrade, and on top of this, the sound is quite interesting! It reminds me of a "softened" r2d2 BOV noise. If your not familiar with the sound I speak of, search up r2d2 rb25det on google, or any Nissan engine code for that matter. It is very popular in the Nissan world.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am still torn between this and the boomba recirculating one.

The GFB is super easy to install, can barely be noticed by the stealerships unless they are REALLY looking for it, but is more than half the cost of the much more comprehensive boomba unit.

The boomba is made here, less than twice the cost of the GFB, has all of the boost/vac scenarios covered, but is harder to install, and is VERY noticeable to stealership techs, even if they are not particularly looking for it.

Decisions, decisions. [dunno]

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
In the video from Boomba I noticed they mention the leaking from the oem dv stems from the piston and rubber/gasket area only. But in the post someone slapped on the forums earlier, Boomba dictates that GFB is still utilizing the oem top piece of the diverter valve? Even though they clearly state the issues come from the bottom section...it's a bit contradictory! Don't get me wrong I have a couple Boomba parts and they are surely quality pieces made by them. I definitely am not knocking them, only the statement they made.

On a side note, GFB dv+ is manufactured only in Australia. Some of the best products I have ever seen have come straight from the down under! Honestly I don't think one of the issues about where either parts are created and built/ come from should even be a deal breaker.

OP
D
Thread Starter #4
Actually after reading more and more and re watching the videos, the Boomba dv is superior in one sense. It can hold up to 100psi, that's pretty damn amazing...but...if you ever upgrade the turbo, you will actually be reducing psi to get a greater effect from it, because the turbo housing has been ported almost everywhere increasing the total CFM, which in doing so drops boost but you gain more power.

So the whole 30psi ceiling for our stock top piece to the diverter valve is quite sufficient.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Any challenges with the install? Taking the big apart? What tune are you running? I am very curious and also torn between Boomba and this one. Lastly confirm the part #. I get DV+ T9358 (Suits Mercedes, Ford and Volvo) when putting in my request.

OP
D
Thread Starter #6
Yep, that is the correct part number. The biggest challenge was the confined space it is located in, you will be laying down in 3 positions to get the three bolts out. Other than that it was extremely simple. Make sure to take off the passenger wheel, use a 1/4" ratchet with an Allen key socket, extensions are your enemy except for use on one bolt being the lower one. I am currently running a Cobb stage 3 ots tune.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Fiesta ST180 1.6 Ecoboost GFB DV+ Assembly Guide

Rallysportdirect.com - $139.50

Go Fast Bits DV Plus - MODEL #T9358

[HR][/HR]
Published on Aug 22, 2016 - pumaspeedtuning

"A quick guide of how to fit the GFB DV+ to the OEM electronic valve on the 1.6 ecoboost Fiesta.

We hope this video helps make installing this part easier! Please make sure that you read the GFB instructions as well as using this instructional video."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLFjNBfB8U8

[video=youtube;CLFjNBfB8U8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLFjNBfB8U8[/video]

[HR][/HR]

How the GFB DV+ Works

"This video shows how the DV+ patent pending technology works and what it does differently to the factory VAG valve".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EgXspDfI08

[video=youtube;3EgXspDfI08]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EgXspDfI08[/video]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
On a side note, GFB dv+ is manufactured only in Australia. Some of the best products I have ever seen have come straight from the down under! Honestly I don't think one of the issues about where either parts are created and built/ come from should even be a deal breaker.
QUALITY wise, especially if we are talking Oz, I could not agree with you more (some of the best LSx/f body parts come from there as well ;) ).

But, IF I have a choice between another country's products, and OUR country's products, ALL ELSE being equal, guess who wins out on that one. [wink]
(I do not come from the JDM YO! import/sport compact world, so these things still DO matter to me, and YES, for the trillionth time I KNOW where THIS car is screwed together, and where a lot of it's bits are sourced!)

OP
D
Thread Starter #9
Very well put. I have much respect for those grounds.

Their description of the unit is all true after installing it earlier. It does what is described from the website. It now drives smoother because of a smooth boost threshold transition; don't quote me on this. The jumpy nature of a 1-2, it's virtually gone, due to pressure recharge happening so much quicker now. The engine feels smoother around town all together. Holds boost longer, boost threshold is shortened.

I am quite happy with this upgrade, and on top of this, the sound is quite interesting! It reminds me of a "softened" r2d2 BOV noise. If your not familiar with the sound I speak of, search up r2d2 rb25det on google, or any Nissan engine code for that matter. It is very popular in the Nissan world.

So are you saying that boost builds quicker between shifts? Lag after getting back on the throttle after a 1-2 shift is pretty annoying.

OP
D
Thread Starter #14
I noticed during the install, the j hook pipe, its coupler was really eaten through by the worm clamp from the factory! Two clamps were loose?! I tightened both but now I'm only seeing 22 psi and not 24 originally. I can definitely feel a slight loss of torque.

So are you saying that boost builds quicker between shifts? Lag after getting back on the throttle after a 1-2 shift is pretty annoying.

Can anyone chime in? Still trying to understand what the benefit of one of these would be.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club