Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

First mods, rmm

A7xogg

I know many of you know about the weaker focus st RMM and our weak RMM. Just do yourself a favor and buy one. Just don't hesitate. Car picks up better shifting is better hard turning and hard braking are more solid and no floating around when trail braking. FYI I have a Cobb mount

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I heard you also get a lot of vibration, rattling, and other issues.

But I also don't really race my car. I'm doing spirited driving at best so hopefully it's not a big issue for me.

For those who have installed it, any fixes on the vibration and all?

Sent using Tapatalk

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club

But I also don't really race my car. I'm doing spirited driving at best so hopefully it's not a big issue for me.

Sent using Tapatalk
It helps to keep the wheels planted when accelerating. There is not much vibration if any with some like the Cobb, MOUNTUNE or the OEM filed.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
It helps to keep the wheels planted when accelerating. There is not much vibration if any with some like the Cobb, MOUNTUNE or the OEM filed.
I still think I will wait on this one at least until my mount is failing. I don't really launch my car like others who were having the issue and log primarily freeway miles. Not really running the canyons either although I my consider doing them sooner or later...even then I think my driving won't really be pushing limits or anything like that.

Sent using Tapatalk

Zormecteon

I still think I will wait on this one at least until my mount is failing.
I don't drop the clutch or anything like that and don't consider myself to be hard on equipment, (my last two cars had over 150,000 miles each on original clutches) but even after letting it out, if I mashed the pedal in the ST in first and second gears, the car would scrabble for traction BEFORE I put in the RMM (mountune). now it just GOES. The vibration was only at idle with the A/C running, though the noise is a little greater under that condition. After having the mount for over a year it seems either to have smoother out, or become unnoticeable. ... ...

If you're happy with it as it is, and have $$$ to spend, the next most noticeable thing would be to put in a Quick Shift kit. .. It will be noticed EVERY time you drive.

My 2?

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I hear you but performance is not my main priority. I'd say it is like second right now but I also don't want to spend a lot for the upgrades either so I've been picking and choosing based on getting the most bang for my buck, but under a certain budget.

I noticed a difference using the Eibach springs on stock suspension that actually would have been good enough for me (as far as helping keep my tires on the road, better acceleration and handling, etc.) that I've mentioned already in another topic. But I also need a certain amount of comfort too as I plan to take lots of road trips with friends who don't all appreciate a sporty stiff suspension. Besides the roads in my area are pretty terrible. So I've had to settle with a sport touring suspension. I still would like a bit of a drop so I'm considering changing the stock spring with the h&r springs because the Eibachs are too soft for my Str.Ts.

I have been thinking about adding the quick shift though. It's kind of on my to-do list. Any tips on types etc are appreciated.

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
A7xogg

A7xogg

Thread Starter #8
If you listen for it besides the first few hundred miles of the mount breaking in, yes you will notice it but only at idle. If you find the sound symposer annoying or loud the mount may irritate you

Sent using Tapatalk
Maybe I'm just not sensitive to vibrations coming from an old Mercedes diesel and a Mustang with solid mounts, but I could not tell any difference in vibration before and after installation.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Maybe I'm just not sensitive to vibrations coming from an old Mercedes diesel and a Mustang with solid mounts, but I could not tell any difference in vibration before and after installation.
It seems like the Cobb mount is a good one from what I've read so far...

Which one do the rest of you recommend?

Sent using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I hear you on that, as I'm coming from an LS1 Z28 with hard poly engine and trans mounts, so even my (supposedly rough idle promoting) CP-E RMM, once it's in the car, will still keep the FiST feeling like a Town Car to me as far as idle NVH goes! LOL