Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Blue Bomber Returns From the Dead

OP
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
catastrophic chain of events; RMM failed, which took out aux oil cooler lines, which meant motor emptied itself of oil from a pressurized source (bled itself dry before I knew what had happened).

Not Enough Oil In Sump = BOOM

It blew a total of four holes out the side of the block, so the block was unusable and not rebuildable, scattering from cyl 3.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Good to see it back.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Any more details on this for us Mountune RMM owners?
Honestly no. I saw his rmm and the bolt that went through it was steered clean off. That's all I can add. I'm almost willing to bet his post disapeared to keep from bringing the failure to further light.

That's just a theory though.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Honestly no. I saw his rmm and the bolt that went through it was steered clean off. That's all I can add. I'm almost willing to bet his post disapeared to keep from bringing the failure to further light.

That's just a theory though.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Interesting.

I wonder if this was one of the yellow ones or one of the black ones? Not sure if there were any changes between the two.

A bolt sheering, that seems very odd, but I guess it would be the weakest part of the unit. That's a Ford part isn't it? I don't recall the RMM coming with a replacement bolt. Would that indicate improper installation? Or the bolt loosening causing too much movement which in turn caused the bolt to fail?

I'm concerned, but intrigued to learn more.

So if he didn't have an aftermarket oil cooler the RMM failure wouldn't have damaged anything?

Also how does a RMM fail? Pretty much every RMM on the market is stiffer than stock so it can't be the bushings giving out right?

If the bolt sheared off it would have happened with the stock RMM too right?