Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Fiesta ST200 vs MINI John Cooper Works

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
[video=youtube;5UvPCtIrUdg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UvPCtIrUdg[/video]

The price gap is massive when speaking of a US Fiesta ST and US JCW. Not even close.

Also the US Mini JCW is more of a porker at 2845lbs. (over 3200 for the 4 door All4 or the Paceman)

I just don't see them in the same ballpark in the first place. Thank god for mods...

They chose a limited edition version with the worse final drive... I wonder if the test would be different with a st180

Also, I know on the last model R56 there was no form of torque limiting in the first 2 gears like I believe we have. They would happily let you melt tires in 1st and 2nd with traction control off. The new models may be different.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The price gap is massive when speaking of a US Fiesta ST and US JCW. Not even close.
^^^THIS

I know price is no 'excuse', and they did use the more costly, supposedly more power, special edition, Brit/Euro ST200 model, but yes, the JCW edition models here are in the base/pre stealership gouging, Focus RS price range!! [crazyeye]