Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

15" vs 16" Rim size, and 7" vs 8"

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The best all around wheel for this car would be a lower weight 16x8 with a good offset
I could not agree more with you on that one, but like you've said, the chances of anyone manufacturing that for us, in OUR factory PCD are zero to -25% (save for the Slipstreams, which I refuse to use), and we are still in the same low tire option/choice scenario for anything wider than a 215 section width range, save for the four, 60 to 200 tread wear gumballs on Tire Rack in the 225/45-16 size.

Of course, I would use the Rival S in 215/45-16 on that 'vaporware' 16x8, but any true street tires are nonexistent.

.4" of overall diameter may not sound like much to YOU, being lowered to your, and handling sake's content, and having a BT kit installed whose power delivery curves can only benefit from a slightly lower (higher numerically) effective overall gear ratio, but those of us at stock height, still on the factory 'donkey punch'/too much bottom end & low torque turbo system will be hurt by that yes, even 'slightly' higher numerically gear ratio.

Not to mention the slightly lower fuel mileage which will NOT be overcome by the lower rolling weight/unsprung weight, but much higher rolling resistance of the necessitated 00 to 200 tread wear, gumball tires of those wide, 225/45-15 setups.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I appreciate where you are coming from on this, I do tend to get carried away on mods and build the whole car around what I have done,
others sometimes just need to do things differently than I have done or willing to do, etc....

One thing about the big turbo though, I get better mileage, as long as not using the power to much of the time.

38.9 or 39.5 MPG as I forget which one at the moment, cruising up to Tahoe from Carson City, all around the lake, 600+ lbs of cargo. Best was when my wife followed me when I was towing our big trailer from SoCal to AZ, taking it easy, 41.4 MPG on 23" diameter super sticky wide tires that stick out beyond the lower front fenders.

I did not set the car up for gaining fuel mileage, just worked out that way. I have not driven it enough to make a big difference in fuel costs though, just barely over 10k miles in 2.5 years. Someone that drives enough and not always on it might actually pay off the BT cost over time:)

Hey guys,

I have been reading through some posts on the forum doing research on 16" wheel options. What people have done and what people might be interested in.

I am currently working with 949racing on creating a 16" 6UL in the 4x108 bolt pattern. I am gathering some more info from 949, once I have everything I need, I am going to create a poll with the options available to see what everyone is most interested in.

Let me know if you have any input for me.

Thanks,

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I KNOW that wheel is everyone on here's most favorite 'baby', but I personally do not like it's aesthetics all that much, despite it's apparent weight, strength, and cost advantages.

Maybe maybe, I'd be interested IF it were available in a matte or gloss BLACK color, for an OUTSTANDING GB price, but NOT in silver, or silver with a polished lip (NEVER!). [nono]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I just sent him a PM. but those Marmoras are for sure my top choice, it's just the shipping is about 200...although thinking about it, that's really not that bad. Especially for a company that pretty much only makes WRC wheels...
[MENTION=5375]BiigMe[/MENTION]; did you ever get a final cost shipped price from the Brit dealer on the Marmoras??

Did they ever give you a weight as well?

Do 6UL's still blow up unexpectedly, or was that just an old batch? I'm sure they must have fixed it.

Eek! Sorry I haven't looked at wheels in a long time and I sorta just stumbled in here. Last I saw 6ULs were failing left and right, with no warnings and no other identifiable cause. That was a few years ago, so I am sure things have been improved there if they are still selling the wheels.

If they fixed it, then awesome! [emoji481]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I was NOT getting on YOUR case, as it was more a jab at/to all on here who view those wheels as some sort of RELIGION, being that they worship them so much as the "BE ALL-END ALL" of available rolling stock. [wink] LOL

OP
BiigMe
Thread Starter #30
[MENTION=5375]BiigMe[/MENTION]; did you ever get a final cost shipped price from the Brit dealer on the Marmoras??

Did they ever give you a weight as well?
No weight but its about $185 shipping, so around ...well $666.26 is what the website is telling me, but thats just the rims+shipping. I think I'm going to wait on them until the spring...but I shall have them some day.

^^^I KNOW that wheel is everyone on here's most favorite 'baby', but I personally do not like it's aesthetics all that much, despite it's apparent weight, strength, and cost advantages.

Maybe maybe, I'd be interested IF it were available in a matte or gloss BLACK color, for an OUTSTANDING GB price, but NOT in silver, or silver with a polished lip (NEVER!). [nono]
I am getting a list of finishes, and going to suggest some as well. I apperciate the input, I'll make sure to include those colors in the poll.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
No weight but its about $185 shipping, so around ...well $666.26 is what the website is telling me, but thats just the rims+shipping. I think I'm going to wait on them until the spring...but I shall have them some day.
IF they were available in black, I'd place my order TODAY!!

As much as I agree with you on how sweet the 'rally white' would look on Magnetic, I KNOW that they would be BLACK (or at least dark grey) anyway, BEFORE I ever left my driveway around these 'parts', and a neon green in the spring to early summer (pollen). [:(]

OP
BiigMe
Thread Starter #33
IF they were available in black, I'd place my order TODAY!!

As much as I agree with you on how sweet the 'rally white' would look on Magnetic, I KNOW that they would be BLACK (or at least dark grey) anyway, BEFORE I ever left my driveway around these 'parts', and a neon green in the spring to early summer (pollen). [:(]
In that case does Matte Anthracite work? I'm definitely worried about how dirty the white is going to get, but at the same time they don't have black and I'm digging the white. They sell a grey one with orange paint on the outside, thats my ideal rim with my color scheme but it only comes in a 18"

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^The matte anthracite also comes in a 17x7.5 as well. [:)]

I like that color, but think it might get 'lost' on a magnetic color FiST.
It would look GREAT on any other color available for our cars.

NONE of those anthracite 18s, including those funky (but cool!) orange splashed ones are available in our PCD. [:(]

OP
BiigMe
Thread Starter #35
^^^The matte anthracite also comes in a 17x7.5 as well. [:)]

I like that color, but think it might get 'lost' on a magnetic color FiST.
It would look GREAT on any other color available for our cars.

NONE of those anthracite 18s, including those funky (but cool!) orange splashed ones are available in our PCD. [:(]
I agree, I'm not the biggest fan of paint matching rims. I think you would need a much lighter grey or full on black. I'll be sure to post a review of the rims whenever I pull the trigger

neeqness

1000 Post Club
What do you guys think of the Pro Race 1.2s? Currently considering 15x8 with 195/55s.

Sent using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
What do you guys think of the Pro Race 1.2s? Currently considering 15x8 with 195/55s.
LOVE EM!
To me at least they are THE best looking wheels for this car, short of the real OZ Racing rally deals that the actual factory WRC cars/teams use for their tarmac events.

I am 99% sure they are what I will end up with the 1.2s for a summer setup, despite them not being the absolute most 'featherweight' rollers out there. [wink]

IF they made a 16x8, they would be on the car already, but I will probably get their 17x8s in black and put either a Direzza 2 SS, or a Federal whatever in 215/40-17 on them for street use.

IF I were already lowered properly, and could be sure that they would not rub without much 'massaging' of the wheel wells/fenders/liners, I would get the 1.2s in 15x8 and put a 225/45-15 on them.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
IF I were already lowered properly, and could be sure that they would not rub without much 'massaging' of the wheel wells/fenders/liners, I would get the 1.2s in 15x8 and put a 225/45-15 on them.
I like the 15x8 also and I'm thinking about lowering too but I'm just curious why you would choose this tire size vs a 195/55 15?

Sent using Tapatalk