Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb tune and Injen intake install. Aww yeahhh

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Speaking of feeling the difference, any of you two run the intake by itself before the Cobb tune? I currently have the tune (93 on 93) and love it and would like to know if there's a noticeable difference with just the intake installed. So when I do go around to getting the intake I can see if there's anything major from just that upgrade along with my existing Cobb tune.

OP
RyGuyFIST83
Thread Starter #22
I planned on doing that,but the cobb came before the intake. I can just tell by the design that the intake def would add some feel to the butt dyno as well as maybe 2-3hp and 10tq gains. Don't really matter,the turbo blow off sound and aggressive/instant throttle response plus better gas mileage alone was worth the money spent. With the Cobb and intake install I now get an extra 100miles per tank, but I'll tell ya the sound alone is so addicting you'll lose them extra miles quick. That video blue made is great and gives ya an idea,but nothing is like once you got it on and driving with it in the flesh,you'll see.
vrrrooom <woooooooshhhh!> ..... vrrroooom <wooooooooshhh!> [biggrin]

-ry

I'm glad that we could help out! Congrats on the new mods :)

UPDATE

So after a full day of driving with the Cobb and intake (only got to test them for a quick spin last night) I am very happy with my purchase. First things first,Mod Bargains is a great company,I never ordered from them before so this was my first experience with them. I called around 2pm'ish(east coast) and had a couple of questions which were answered without a problem and in no time my order was placed. By the end of the day I received a couple of emails from them,one stating sale approval and another notifying me my order had shipped along with tracking number. It took 4 days to reach me from California to New Jersey. Packaging was great and everything was top notch.

The car now just rips and I love having access to all these gauges,some people have to pay a lot of money just to get 3 gauges setup on there a-pillar,and this holds 6 with a ton of gauges to choose from,even better. I haven't tried 91map yet,but right now I'm loving the 93 map on 93gas,no hiccups or spikes just boost to 20-20.5 psi and it holds. Eventually I'm gonna try the 91,I'll see how that goes.

One thing I extremely love is how loud that turbo spool blow off is now,it's so damn fun to blow by someone while releasing the gas and then whoooosshhhh!! [biggrin] Fun Times [lovest]

-ry

I planned on doing that,but the cobb came before the intake. I can just tell by the design that the intake def would add some feel to the butt dyno as well as maybe 2-3hp and 10tq gains. Don't really matter,the turbo blow off sound and aggressive/instant throttle response plus better gas mileage alone was worth the money spent. With the Cobb and intake install I now get an extra 100miles per tank, but I'll tell ya the sound alone is so addicting you'll lose them extra miles quick. That video blue made is great and gives ya an idea,but nothing is like once you got it on and driving with it in the flesh,you'll see.
vrrrooom <woooooooshhhh!> ..... vrrroooom <wooooooooshhh!> [biggrin]

-ry
An extra 100 miles per tank? I have a feeling you're going off of the display that shows your mileage, miles till empty, average MPH, etc. When you reflash, all those averages go all wonky. It takes a tank for the numbers to correctly average back out. I can promise you that you will not see an extra 100miles per tank.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
An extra 100 miles per tank? I have a feeling you're going off of the display that shows your mileage, miles till empty, average MPH, etc. When you reflash, all those averages go all wonky. It takes a tank for the numbers to correctly average back out. I can promise you that you will not see an extra 100miles per tank.
agreed, after the flash your Miles To Empty will read wrong for a few days til it relearns an average.

Your mileage will not improve THAT much lol

OP
RyGuyFIST83
Thread Starter #26
I knew something seemed strange.[screwy] Yea it just went back to normal. Been riding on the 93tune on 93gas. Gonna try the 91 on 93 and see how it feels..

-ry

Cobb needs to hurry up and bring out a intake or Injen will be getting my money. Works great man. I think I might go with the wrinkle red to go with the red/black theme of our car.
I agree with you on that one, except ill opt for wrinkle black. [coolsmile]

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
If you really want to get crazy, I'd do the Injen intake, then match that with a 90* bend coupler and an extension to plumb the intake elsewhere for an even cooler draw to get the most power out of it.

I might still do that lol

I don't think it would even matter too much with an upgraded intercooler although the factory seems pretty efficient considering. The only reason I'm waiting to see the Cobb is due to the fact that they're tuning and releasing AP maps using it. I honestly don't think it will be much of a difference but I'm waiting before I pull the trigger. I do like the Injen as well as the fswerks. Nice price on the Injen, it's hard not to purchase atm.

Dan

I'm happy you are enjoying your Injen... I fitted one to my ST and didn't know at the time that the intake was developed only for US models. UK here, it worked for a few minutes before the car would go in to limp mode, the low end power was amazing and that throttle response was insane! Of course, the noise made my MPG go to shit ;)

Something to do with the way the MAF works apparently :(

Did you need an adapter for your intake? Just got my intense intake and Cobb intercooler installed and one of the hoses didn't have a connection. Ended up sealing it off but was curious if there is an alternative .