Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Question about RMM "break in"

Based

Ok so I'm trying to decide which RMM I want to go for. Either CPE, Cobb, or Boomba. Upon reading reviews I keep seeing people saying the mounts "break in". What gets me is that if the mounts are indeed breaking in and therefore getting looser, doesn't that mean that the mounts are always losing functionality? Because the way I see it the looser and more play the RMM has the less it is able to do what it's supposed to do which is hold the engine in place.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Most mechanical components are "stiff" after being manufactured. They loosen to capacity afterwards, then maintain that until they have "worn out" and no longer function properly.

That initial stiffness before breaking in is usually what people are referring to. Yes, eventually it will wear down but that should not happen until much later.

Sent using Tapatalk