Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Opinions on EZ Lip/All-Fit Lip as a Cheap Alternative to Front Splitter?

Hey All,

Would love to hear some opinions on the EZ-Lip and the All-Fit Lip. I really like the look of a front splitter, but have a hard time justifying the $299+ price for a cosmetic mod that only I and other car enthusiasts will notice. Based on my research it seems like the All-Fit Lip kit is the better buy and is of higher quality. Just wanted to hear what everyone else's options were. For $39 it's hard to say no, just wondering how they look like IRL and what not. I want to pick one up, but my conscious is telling me it's too ricey...but I feel like the 1.5-inch model is subtle. Thoughts?

I have no experience with either of these. The All-Fit Lip looks like the best of the two simply because it's rubber and not foam like the EZ-Lip. So it could give you some added protection and possibly last longer.

OP
cbass717
Thread Starter #3
I have no experience with either of these. The All-Fit Lip looks like the best of the two simply because it's rubber and not foam like the EZ-Lip. So it could give you some added protection and possibly last longer.
Yeah it seems like that is the case. The All-FLip also comes with screws for optional mounting. I also saw a video review and a guy was able to easily rip the EZ-Lip but couldn't tear the All-Fit Lip.

OP
cbass717
Thread Starter #5
Did you ever end up putting the All Fit lip on? Wondering how it looks.

Yeah I ended up putting it on. Pretty happy with the results. Not as good looking as a real front splitter, obviously, but pretty decent for what $30/$40 bucks? I also attached mine with screws as well. It looks better in person imo. I got the smallest one and it's nice, very subtle.

That looks pretty good. I like the subtlety of it. Somebody should make a fiber glass version so it could be painted a gloss black.

That looks pretty decent. For me i'll probably end up going with the splitter. I went with a replica cheap lip for my BRZ and while it looks great...i do wish i just saved that 100$ and put it towards the front splitter im going to buy

I use to do this with the HDR lip would cost like $8 and last a bit with some double sided tape. Totally worth.

Siestarider

I use to do this with the HDR lip would cost like $8 and last a bit with some double sided tape. Totally worth.
Can't find HDR, could you provide a link to the product? I enjoy experimenting especially when it cost less than $10.

Siestarider

AFAIK, HDR == Home Depot Racing. In this case I'd imagine using something like rubber garage door draft stripping as the lip.
Thanks, I used their vinyl base molding for air dam experiments. Lol, sometimes I am so clueless I don't even suspect something.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF there was a way to mount this stuff vertically (as a flexible 'mini' air dam/lip, like the WRC teams use instead of an actual splitter, since those would not last too long, even on tarmac stages), instead of horizontally, I would try using these products. ;)

Opinion on ezlip? Assuming it lasts a year, you'll be peeling off the remnants and cursing the sticky residue/tape left on the front bumper. If it was me, I'd skip the ezlip and get one of the real ones.