Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stock Fiesta ST Turbo Surging

STNY1130

Hi everyone,

My stock Fiesta ST is just about 5 months old now and I am having some turbo issues. Irregularly, the turbo surges and does not spool smoothly, most noticeably in 3rd through 6th. It is very noticeable when I give it good throttle input and you can feel the car jerking while accelerating with a noticeable surging sound coming from the turbo. More often than not this happens, sometimes it does spool smoothly and evenly.

From what I can tell from the other forums, it seems like a boost pressure sensor issue. Being under warranty, I intend to take it to the dealer and see what they say. However, with it somewhat irregular, I don't want to take it for them to find nothing wrong.

Has this happened to anyone else? What has the dealer done? It seems like it is just a turbo to ECU glitch that can be tuned out. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

TUX15ST

could be a tune issue, could also be the factory BPV and WGA sucking as well, there are many threads on here about upgrades for both that will help.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
If you can get something to read the boost from the OBD2 port it would answer the question if the boost is failing.

ive read a lot of threads on the surging. i have had this problem for over a year. lol i have bought a BOV turbosmart shortie. poeple said that it will take away. false. i bought a cobb AP and change the tune. False. lol but with the cobb if i run the car on full boost it will surge. on mid throttle and the boost from -1.00PSI up to 5.00PSI of boost. but when i put my car into eco mode that is apart of the cobb AP it takes away the surge and allows the car up 4.00PSI of boost. it takes away the surge. see i i dont understand why how limiting the the boost will take it away. but from reading everything that it is something to do with the ECU or the boost pressure sensor.. the AP can mess with those im assuming so i am going to change out the sensor. if that doesnt work i heard custom tunes will take it out.

Hi everyone,

My stock Fiesta ST is just about 5 months old now and I am having some turbo issues. Irregularly, the turbo surges and does not spool smoothly, most noticeably in 3rd through 6th. It is very noticeable when I give it good throttle input and you can feel the car jerking while accelerating with a noticeable surging sound coming from the turbo. More often than not this happens, sometimes it does spool smoothly and evenly.

From what I can tell from the other forums, it seems like a boost pressure sensor issue. Being under warranty, I intend to take it to the dealer and see what they say. However, with it somewhat irregular, I don't want to take it for them to find nothing wrong.

Has this happened to anyone else? What has the dealer done? It seems like it is just a turbo to ECU glitch that can be tuned out. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Do you have an AP? Some datalogs could be helpful in this situation