Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pumaspeed R-Sport Manifold for stock/hybrid turbos

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-R-Sport-Fiesta-ST180-Quickspool-Tubular-Manifold_16197.jsp&pic=1

This is designed for stock and hybrid turbo systems, unlike the V-Series. Does anyone have this installed, and can comment on gains, if any? The claims suggested on the page seem ludicrous, especially the latter claim of +20whp on an MP215 setup that provides zero supporting evidence.
I don't know about the claims but Pumaspeed is a POS company when it comes to customer relationship. This could be good advertising...

haste

1000 Post Club
My X-37 pushes out 20psi at 2600rpms with it. I have yet to see anyone else claim that quick of a spool with a hybrid setup.

I am STILL waiting for my big bore inlet elbow for the X-37. My tune is incomplete with out it. Currently at 250whp and 290 lb/tq

Plus, it sounds amazing coupled with a 3" catless exhaust.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
My X-37 pushes out 20psi at 2600rpms with it. I have yet to see anyone else claim that quick of a spool with a hybrid setup.

I am STILL waiting for my big bore inlet elbow for the X-37. My tune is incomplete with out it. Currently at 250whp and 290 lb/tq

Plus, it sounds amazing coupled with a 3" catless exhaust.
I sell a better one for $150, or I know someone that has a spare X37 inlet he may sell you. Tell puma to refund your money...
PM me if your interested in either option, just trying to help :)

haste

1000 Post Club
I sell a better one for $150, or I know someone that has a spare X37 inlet he may sell you. Tell puma to refund your money...
PM me if your interested in either option, just trying to help :)
Thanks, I appreciate it. I have waited this long, a little longer won't hurt. The car is still fun as hell to drive, so I'm not chomping at the bit.

OP
Zak757
Thread Starter #8
It won't give you 20hp
I don't know who they are trying to fool with that. Do manifolds historically provide any sort of gains on the FiST, or are they as useless as aftermarket intakes?

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Do manifolds historically provide any sort of gains on the FiST, or are they as useless as aftermarket intakes?
That's a good question...

I don't recall of anyone that's shown conclusive "before and after" results that installing either a tubular exhaust manifold or even a ported stock manifold showed performance gains ?

If and when I do decide to finally replace my stock turbo with an x37 hybrid I still intend on keeping the stock manifold in the system...

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I don't know who they are trying to fool with that. Do manifolds historically provide any sort of gains on the FiST, or are they as useless as aftermarket intakes?
It depends on the design and turbo. An ATP kit will be noticeably laggier on the stock manifold vs a DHM manifold. Pumaspeed being laggier than DHM as well. Albeit the other factors include the A/R of the exhaust housing, wastegate, diameter of the runners... At the end of the day, the right design proves itself over and over.

On the stock turbo, you'll be hard pressed to see great gains from a tubular manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Can the tubular stainless manifolds' collector flange be port matched to the hybrid turbos' exhaust side inlet, or does this do nothing at all? [dunno]

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I've yet to see a car benefit from a tubular manifold horsepower wise. I only know of one person who went from ATP to DHM manifold kit and that was [MENTION=2054]Perfblue15[/MENTION] but I think that was more of a spool issue.

I have a tubular manifold on my fiesta with a cyborg turbo. I am using the eBay manifold "BP Racing" ...compared to other cyborgs I may have a 200rpm better spool or so.. nothing CRAZY

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Basically if you are staying stock turbo or using one of the hybrid options, you can use the stock manifold. I would suggest a tubular manifold for any big turbo upgrade

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
over $700 to experiment? no thanks. I plan to send skittles a spare manifold I have for a $350 full port job. A way more cost effective experiment.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^By the time he is done taking away material from it in the right places, it very well may end up being lighter than the stainless works of art as well! [thumb]

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
And allow me to hit full boost by 1000rpm! lol But i do think the C39 with a fully ported manifold is going to change my life :)

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
no meth. it's my daily and I don't want to go that far. A 93 octane tune should be more than enough for me.