Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thinking about a FiST

I come from the FoST community and also RS. My plan was to get a RS 3 years ago when I bought the FoST. Well it's not as easy as I was hoping and in my area not many are budging with ADA and the dealer I work for ordered one Nov 17 and is still not here. My point of thinking is the great deals going on now and I can get 2750 off and D plan pricing which gives me a loaded 2016 FiST for under 21000. I love the FiST and have driven them on track and on Rally stages, I think it would be a no loss situation to buy one and if a RS comes up I could grab it or just see what the future holds.

Glad to join the community and I am extensively researching to make sure I can meet the goals I want. I plan on fully bolting and a hybrid turbo, along with suspension. I'm into drivers cars and the joy of driving is my focus. Chassis bracing along with anything that will heighten the feel of the vehicle will be considered. So far it is looking pretty good. I got to a point with the FoST and stopped because the RS solved basically every problem but that doesn't mean it's perfect.

I usually spend years researching vehicles before I buy them so this has been a hectic process. I followed the FoST since it was announced and the RS before it was official. One of my favorite vehicles was my SVT Focus and the FiST reminds me of it a bit, well an upgraded turbo version. Wish me luck and thank you for all the information :)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
WELCOME!

When you say that you have driven a FiST on rally stages, do you mean a street going one on stage roads while on the way to work a part of that stage as a volunteer (as I do), or was it in an actual G5 prepped car, as an actual competitor in let's say the New England Forest Rally or such?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Well either way you go it's good. May want to look into a big turbo upgrade instead of a hibrid. But your research will help you figure that out.

OP
Crooked Letta
Thread Starter #10
WELCOME!

When you say that you have driven a FiST on rally stages, do you mean a street going one on stage roads while on the way to work a part of that stage as a volunteer (as I do), or was it in an actual G5 prepped car, as an actual competitor in let's say the New England Forest Rally or such?
Team O'niel Rally School.

Well either way you go it's good. May want to look into a big turbo upgrade instead of a hibrid. But your research will help you figure that out.
I'm working on that now :) My goal isn't drastic but pushing 300whp with Meth is close to ideal. I plan to do some diet mods as well.

OP
Crooked Letta
Thread Starter #11
WELCOME!

Team O'niel Rally School.

I'm working on that now :) My goal isn't drastic but pushing 300whp with 93 or RGA + Meth is close to ideal. I plan to do some diet mods as well.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
welcome aboard! As an ex-Focus SVT owner, you will love the Fiesta ST. If you drove the ST at TON, chances are you could have driven one of the ST's I had during the Fiesta Movement a few years ago. Pretty sure my ST ended up there. My other Fiesta Movement car went to Scotland to be a reece car.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
welcome aboard! As an ex-Focus SVT owner, you will love the Fiesta ST. If you drove the ST at TON, chances are you could have driven one of the ST's I had during the Fiesta Movement a few years ago. Pretty sure my ST ended up there. My other Fiesta Movement car went to Scotland to be a recce car.
Did these FM cars have full cages/safety equipment in them, or did the Scotland bound one at least get this for it's recce duties?

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
The TON Fiesta's had a roll bar with a harness bar. Other modifications were Schroth 4-point belts, skid plate, Bilstein dampers, and gravel tires.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjHyYZuu is all the pictures from TON

Not sure what was done to the Magenta Fiesta I had for the first Fiesta Movement, other than it was shipped to Scotland for a recce car.

OP
Crooked Letta
Thread Starter #19
The TON Fiesta's had a roll bar with a harness bar. Other modifications were Schroth 4-point belts, skid plate, Bilstein dampers, and gravel tires.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjHyYZuu is all the pictures from TON

Not sure what was done to the Magenta Fiesta I had for the first Fiesta Movement, other than it was shipped to Scotland for a recce car.
They also have a Quaife LSD. For basic mods it is unbelievable on how they do. I split my time there. First I did a 3 day course then I went back and repeated day 3 followed by 4 and 5. I was with another student who raced Trophy truck and he wanted to stick to RWD, well when I took him down one of the roads in the FiST he couldn't believe it compared to the BMW :) Going to TON was his first time ever driving FWD also so he was in a bit of a shock to see a FWD dance like that lol :)

OP
Crooked Letta
Thread Starter #20
Does anyone know if my AP3 for a 2013 FoST is compatible with 2016 FiST. I know the RS is not and requires a send out to Cobb to be calibrated. It would be nice to just swap it over and just purchase a new tune :)