Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cold Air Intake for 2016?

Hey guys, this might be a stupid question, but what kind if COI can I get for my 2016. The 2016 has two evap quick connects that need to be plugged in in order not to throw a p code. I ordered a K&n intake but that only allows for one connection and therefore throws a code because one is not hooked up. Anyone with a 2016 FIST what intake are you running? Please help!

Bluedrank

Mishimoto makes an intake with an extra adapter, but it's throwing codes because they didn't test it fully before shipping it.

Basically, no 14-15 intake will directly work on a 16. You'll need to build an adapter for it, details of which you can find by using the search function.

Injen also sells a short intake specifically for the 2016. They sell them on modbargain's website. It's what I'm currently using on my '16.

I just posted in a similar thread.

I traded my 2014 in for a 2016 and was disappointed when I found out Ford changed the design. After searching around online, I found that MAPerformance sells an adapter that WILL work. I was able to install my FSWERKS intake into my 2016 after purchasing the adapter. This adapter is not available on their website, but all you have to do is contact them, and they will ship it out to you ($40 including shipping is what I paid)

P.S. I have been driving daily with this for over a month and have not receive any check engine lights or issues.

Website is here - https://www.maperformance.com/
Video of the adapter here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lvDB9z9Ysk

I just posted in a similar thread.

I traded my 2014 in for a 2016 and was disappointed when I found out Ford changed the design. After searching around online, I found that MAPerformance sells an adapter that WILL work. I was able to install my FSWERKS intake into my 2016 after purchasing the adapter. This adapter is not available on their website, but all you have to do is contact them, and they will ship it out to you ($40 including shipping is what I paid)

P.S. I have been driving daily with this for over a month and have not receive any check engine lights or issues.

Website is here - https://www.maperformance.com/
Video of the adapter here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lvDB9z9Ysk
Awesome and thank you. I have an Fswerks intake on my FoST and love it, so this may be an option if I go that route :)

mishimoto1

Hey guys, this might be a stupid question, but what kind if COI can I get for my 2016. The 2016 has two evap quick connects that need to be plugged in in order not to throw a p code. I ordered a K&n intake but that only allows for one connection and therefore throws a code because one is not hooked up. Anyone with a 2016 FIST what intake are you running? Please help!
Mishimoto makes an intake with an extra adapter, but it's throwing codes because they didn't test it fully before shipping it.

Basically, no 14-15 intake will directly work on a 16. You'll need to build an adapter for it, details of which you can find by using the search function.
Hey Guys,

Thank you for the post.

We do have a intake for the 16 fiesta and have since corrected the issue with the CEL lights being thrown when customers purchased our 14+ intake. We now have a seperate intake specifically for the 2016 Fiesta.

Feel free to visit our website or call in to us directly at (302)762-4501 and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
Mishimoto

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Please stop spreading mis-information. Not everyone is experiencing these code issues. Some have, but you're making it sound like all buyers are having this problem.

I have a Mishimoto 2016-specific intake on my 2016 and I love it. In my opinion, this is the best intake setup available because of the isolated airbox, which like the stock design, prevents heatsoak and draws in cool air from the grille like Ford intended.

Bluedrank

Please stop spreading mis-information. Not everyone is experiencing these code issues. Some have, but you're making it sound like all buyers are having this problem.

I have a Mishimoto intake on my 2016 and I love it. In my opinion, this is the best intake setup available because of the isolated airbox, which like the stock design, prevents heatsoak and draws in cool air from the grille like Ford intended.

Lololol. Guess what, I too am running their induction tube on my 16 and haven't thrown a code YET. But to pretend like it's not a thing that some people were experiencing is in my opinion actually spreading misinformation. Not spreading information is misinformation.

You do you, I'ma do me. Aka, worry bout yoself.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I already said some have a problem, but you (and other people) are making it sound like it's a probably everyone is experiencing.

I don't want to argue about this though, I'll leave it at that.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
you can use any intake you want. I started a thread detailing the installation of the MAP vacuum hose to adapt 14-15 intakes to a 16

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11115

and if you want true cold air we don't have an option in the USA. All of these cone on a stick in a box intakes (lookin at you Mishi and CP-E) are still INSIDE the engine bay. True cold air, as I have use on many, many other cars, put the filter out side the bay in the fender liner usually, where the air is actually cooler. There are options from the UK (Google pumaspeed r-sport and peron Itg Maxogen) that put the filter down near the axle but rumor has it they won't work for our cars. I haven't heard of anyone actually trying it so I may take the chance and order one.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
The best option is one that puts the filter into an isolated box. That would be either stock, Mishimoto or I believe CP-E also has an intake like the Mishimoto with a covered box that the cone filter goes into. The reason is because this is how the stock intake is setup, and technically, is efficient enough up to 300+ HP so an intake isn't even completely necessary.

I already said some have a problem, but you (and other people) are making it sound like it's a probably everyone is experiencing.

I don't want to argue about this though, I'll leave it at that.
Yep. Those of us that had issues are a minority, have a functional patch, and should have replacement parts coming soon. Really not a big deal.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
There are options from the UK (Google pumaspeed r-sport and peron Itg Maxogen) that put the filter down near the axle but rumor has it they won't work for our cars. I haven't heard of anyone actually trying it so I may take the chance and order one.
Is the main reason for the bolded above just that those intakes above are ALL MAF based systems, and it would be close to impossible to convert them to our MAP based system, or something else?? [dunno]

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
that's correct. but on the surface, I can't see a reason why so called maf based would make a difference to a cone on a stick. as long as the sensor block is in place and can accept our usdm sensor, why would it matter? they are literally pipes with a filter stuck on the end and a block for the sensor. maf or map should not apply here. the talk around here is that it does matter but no one has actually tried it. or did I miss that thread?

Ordered an Injen intake and then noticed the extra tube on the stock intake. Called MAP and was told that they deal with this all the time and
that i needed a t-tube. Didn't work. The connections were different. I ended up rigging it. It's not a thing of beauty but it works and no idiot lights coming on!
I can always retrofit the proper tubing later.

I ordered and installed the Mishimoto over the holiday break. I didn't read about the error code issues until right after ordering so I was nervous to install, but my kit was the updated version with supposedly better connectors.

Haven't had any issues so far. It's much easier to hear the turbo spool up now and that's all I was going for.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I ordered and installed the Mishimoto over the holiday break. I didn't read about the error code issues until right after ordering so I was nervous to install, but my kit was the updated version with supposedly better connectors.

Haven't had any issues so far. It's much easier to hear the turbo spool up now and that's all I was going for.
I assume you ordered/installed the 2016 specific intake right? Were you finding some 2016 guys were still having error code issues with their 2016 specific intake?