Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2JR 3" Hi-Power Catback Exhaust - $529

Trader history for joe@2j-racing (0)

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
So just had mine installed and im experiencing massive drone in the rear of my car. the mid pipe hung low enough that it made contact with the middle brace so nu mechanic put spacers on the brace bolts. Then zip tied the middle and rear hanger. Nothing was touching, we made sure if that. Went for a test drive and experienced massive drone in the cabin. Went back and had the zip ties removed thinking that was the problem. Even tho it did lessen the drone a bit it's not completely gone. At midrange rpm the resonance vibrates the interior. Im not sure if the exhaust is touching some part of the car but i know before i left the shop it wasnt. Is anyone else with this exhaust experiencing some drone in car?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
When are the tunes for the DP and Catback supposed to be released? I installed my DP and it's awesome, PITA but awesome. But I don't remember seeing anything about tunes on the site.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
This exhaust is not mild by any means. Its loud, way louder than stock. Its even louder than fswerks exhaust. Its a deep loud hum and vibrates the inside of my car around 3k rpm. Gotta get it checked to make sure the piping isnt touching the bottom but gotta wait for my installer to comes back tues. This really sucks. Its not enjoyable at all the way it feels/sounds right now. I bought this exhaust thinking it would be mild till you asked for it but its not.

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #65
Can you snap some photos of the exhaust. It appears you have an exhaust leak or it was installed incorrectly. Our exhaust is barely louder than stock while cruising, idling and pulling off. Only under hard throttle does it rumble. We've sold 31 sets without any problems. Let's to try get this resolved over the weekend for you. Possibly the band clamp is loose?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Wonder if it is resting or touching the center brace? at certain times or loads ? Did they reuse the soft staok hangers ? not that they are bad but they tend to allow a lot of movment and such.. Weird

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
The stock hangers are pretty soft. Also The muffler tips are off centered to the right almost touching the right side of the bumper. Maybe the axle back connection to the mid pipe is not connected right and like joe said its leaking. Hopefully i can get out of work early to catch my mechanic before he closes.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Just left my installer and nothing is touching, no leaks. The muffler is just plain loud. It seems the resonator isnt doing its job of silencing the muffler i dunno but its deafening in cabin.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Man it looks like it is resting on that cross bar I know i had to fiddle with mine to get it to clear untill i found some old new acura muffler hangers that fit .. Hmmmm weird

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
It actually isnt. He put some spacers that gave it about a 1/4" space in between. Im so depressed over this. Cant even enjoy my car for the weekend.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Bummer man I am so sorry to hear this .. If it helps and I know it won't I gotta work monday so no weekend for me just yard work ....

iso100

1000 Post Club
Seems that lift is a two post which lifts the body of the car and not the wheels. This lets the flex beam drop down during inspection. See if they can lift it on a four post by the wheels so you can get a better idea of clearances.

iso100

1000 Post Club
In your last photo the exhaust looks like it's within a quarter inch or less of the cross brace.

On my xr4ti my exhaust rubs on a cross member and the sound is awful. I need new motor mounts to correct it.

iso100

1000 Post Club
The window up video sounds like is rubbing something at certain RPM... Just like my XR.