Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2JR 3" Hi-Power Catback Exhaust - $529

Trader history for joe@2j-racing (0)

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Joe how do you know its gonna remove the drone on ours if you dont experience drone on yours?
I think the proper thing to do is let us who has drone beta test it first.
I dont wanna waste money on a product thats not gonna work.

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #162
This is some awesome customer experience right here!!
Thank you, we appreciate that.

Stuntdoogie, we covered that in detail on the phone yesterday. How we tested, what we did and the results. I really would love to help you more but we are spending a lot of time covering this - the part is here. You had posted numerous times that you were eagerly waiting and now, nothing. I dont know what else to do man. Thx

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #163
If you would refer back to the part numbers and links I posted - well over 50 reviews are listed, and each mention drone. Please read those. If someone buys this resonator before you decide, you will have to wait for the next batch.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
The reviews ive read are people who don't have a resonator at all. Havnt read any that had a magnaflow res and switched to a vibrant because of drone.

iso100

1000 Post Club
Sounds like Joe is being quite accommodating. Perhaps buy the new pipe he built for you and see how it sounds. It's only $60.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Wow, Stunt. This company went out of the way to R&D this exhaust and make YOU, one person, happy. You're not being an *************, but you sure don't smell lemon-y fresh right now.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Im sorry if im coming off as a douche, Joe is a nice guy and hate to give him a hard time but im just a little disappointed at what im getting for the price when other exhausts out there at a lower price point donot have a resonator and experience no drone. I dont think the total price im paying for this exhaust is justifying especially since a cbe alone has no real power gains. I payed $80 to have it installed and will have to pay again (not sure of price) to have the res installed cause I dont have the luxury of a garage or driveway to install myself. It baffles me that this cbe has a magnaflow res but produces an immense drone, how do I know the vibrant will reduce it to my liking? I f it doesnt then im shit out of luck.

iso100

1000 Post Club
With any other exhaust system you would already be shit out of luck. Not many shops would order special resonators and build a new resonators component just because you don't like the drone.

The assertion that there's no real power gains has no bearing on the price you pay.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Must be the moon cuz I just popped for the Cattless DP just to play with more powa ...

iso100

1000 Post Club
Your correct. Im gonna cross my fingers and order it.
Good plan. I hope it works out for you and 2JR.

If nothing else, all of us on the sidelines can see the lengths Joe has gone to to make customers happy. That's a good sign!

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Well im shit out of luck anyway, the resonator has been sold and theres no telling when will the next batch will be made...Lesson learned.

meFiSTo

Hello:

i'm back from vacation and got the replacement resonator installed today. I have not driven it enough to say for sure that there is a difference between the original Magnaflow resonator and the replacement Vibrant bottle-style resonator. I will have to drive some more to really get a reading.

It's such an inconsistent experience. On throttle, off throttle, steady state, accelerating, uphill, downhill. Elevated drone can occur during any of those combinations of conditions, but always centers around the 3500 RPM range (gauge might indicate anywhere from 3000 to 3800ish). In the short drive back from Muffler King, there seemed to be incrementally less drone in the target range, but the exhaust seems slightly louder under acceleration above 4000 RPM. Just from my gut sense inside the car, so take that with a grain of salt.

It is what it is. Under 3000 RPM, the car sounds smooth, from 3000 to 3800 (anywhere in there but usually closer to 3500) you can get a loud drone. There's no getting around it. It's there. Is it associated with the SS construction? Is it the 3-inch diameter pipe? Is it the shape of the exhaust system? Is it the resonator? I have no idea. However, anyone out there that wants to quiet down this exhaust, I would definitely see about getting that bigger, oval-style resonator. It might cost more, but if you want to minimize unwanted drone, it might be your best bet.

It would be good to hear from whomever actually purchased that one (instead of stuntdoogie).

Joe: I appreciate your efforts to resolve this situation. I'm going to live with it and see how it evolves over time. I don't think my wife will like riding in it, which is unfortunate. In any event, I need to contact your admin regarding a shipping label to send the other resonator assembly back.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Unfortunately I could not live with the drone. It was too intense especially when hot out. Had no choice but to replace this exhaust with another. I wanted to like this exhaust but it had to go.

meFiSTo

Unfortunately I could not live with the drone. It was too intense especially when hot out. Had no choice but to replace this exhaust with another. I wanted to like this exhaust but it had to go.
You know, the 2J Racing website says there is a 20% restocking fee on returns. Considering the difficulty you are having with selling your exhaust, perhaps you could see if they will take it as a return with the 20% charge. That's probably better than you could do on a resale.