Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

half roll cage.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Why do you still have harnesses for the passenger seat position when you've installed a fuel cell there??

(Or is that a temporary 'track day' only cell for WMI, and you re-install the passenger seat for daily street use?)

Did the weight you removed from the interior more than make up for the added weight of the OMP bolted semi-cage?

OP
ian.j
Thread Starter #3
the passenger seat was out as i was upgrading the methanol lines to braided steel ones. over all it will be lighter than with the full standard interior. i have kept some weight by leaving all the front plastics, carpet and roof lining.

OP
ian.j
Thread Starter #5
It will happen at some stage. Just got other stuff on the go at the moment

joesiris

that has a clean look to it, I know its for functionality, but if function can look good as well, well then bonus!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF you did not have to butcher the factory dash to do it, would you extend that into a FULL cage??

(I don't know the road going legalities of a full cage near the driver's head, in Jolly 'Ol England.)

OP
ian.j
Thread Starter #9
I do have the front half and it does butcher the dashboard. The. Car is still used on the road and dont fancy cracking my skull open in an accident

Hi Ian

I am searching hi and low for a bolt in half cage and even though you mention OMP in your listing I still cant find one.. Can you let me know where you bought it please?

Nice car by the way, trying to do same with mine but really don't want to fully strip it all out just to get a half cage in it..

Regards

Mike..