Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Firestone Firehawk Indy 500

Waterfan

You're going to love these man, today was dry and I did not spin in 1/2. Super impressed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait, you have full bolt-ons and protuned X37 and NO SPIN in 1 or 2? No feathering? That almost defies belief :)

Waterfan

I don't believe it. All I have is a tune and still spin in 1 and 2, not as much, but spin is still there
His alignment might be perfect and 6 pt brace could be helping more than we imagine, but yeah.

Might not have the "donkey punch of torque" at ~3k like we do. But most X37 graphs I have seen mimics the sub-4k torque curve of stage 1/2/3 (and then keeps building to mid-6 when we poop out at ~5.).

Not sure I believe it either, but he also has larger diameter tires, which reduces the gear ratio and force being applied, so less likely to slip. Probably only a couple percent difference though.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Wait, you have full bolt-ons and protuned X37 and NO SPIN in 1 or 2? No feathering? That almost defies belief :)
Lol I do not feather my car ever, tires are much much stickier in every situation vs the sc2's I had prior. FYI here you can get rain and sunshine in a matter of hours. I see 20psi@2800rmp
I don't believe it. All I have is a tune and still spin in 1 and 2, not as much, but spin is still there
It slipped today in 1st and not in second but remember I'm also pushing ALOT more power than most. And I am protuned, what the stock turbo does is give you a couple seconds of 'burst of power' I'm seeing 255whp@5500 and beyond ATM with the max boost set @24
Not sure I believe it either, but he also has larger diameter tires, which reduces the gear ratio and force being applied, so less likely to slip. Probably only a couple percent difference though.
Yes gear ratio is extended higher up on the rpm, so not sure what you're referring to. Also depends on the driver, not everyone launches the same. I have no need to exaggerate on what I have and how it performs.

OP
Zak757
Thread Starter #48
If I'm pushing around 220whp on the stock "donkey punch" turbo, are these tires in 205 width going to be sufficient? I'd go with these in a heartbeat if they came in more interesting sizes like 215/40/17 or 225/45/16, like the Dunlop ZII Star Specs do.

EDIT: 210whp

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Nope, that function is not good. It's way to intrusive. I would much rather have control over my throttle 0-100% but ED!

I'm not much of a fan either, but you do know you can adjust the level of slip yourself right?

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
If I'm pushing around 220whp on the stock "donkey punch" turbo, are these tires in 205 width going to be sufficient? I'd go with these in a heartbeat if they came in more interesting sizes like 215/40/17 or 225/45/16, like the Dunlop ZII Star Specs do.
Hmm 220whp on the stock turbo? I would like to hear about you mods currently. And I have been running these for a couple weeks now. Here are my impressions.

In the dry: they grip, my bfg sc2's can't even touch these in dry grip. When I take off, they just bite the pavement and I'm gone.

Wet: I have pushed the car quite a bit in the wet and they have been quite confidence inspiring. You can never go full tard In the wet, we do get A LOT of rain here, they
hydroplane a tiny bit but that's with A LOT of water on the ground.

Verdict: go BUY a pair, now.

I'm not much of a fan either, but you do know you can adjust the level of slip yourself right?
Must be referring to a more recent update?

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
If you go to Tune on your AP, then select Adjustments then you'll have the option to Change CCF Traction Control. There are 8 levels of adjustment. You can dial in different amounts of slip. You can also select to have it active on only certain map slots.

OP
Zak757
Thread Starter #52
Hmm 220whp on the stock turbo? I would like to hear about you mods currently. And I have been running these for a couple weeks now. Here are my impressions.
Sorry, meant to type 210whp. Just an MR230 tune on 94 octane, dyno'd at sea level.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Ok lets go back to topic
Thread is totally on topic, it's good to
Share power figures on cars so we can see how these tires perform on car A vs car B

So not understanding where you are coming from

OP
Zak757
Thread Starter #55
I looked up Bridgestones AU website, and the Potenza RE003 comes in our OE size as well as 215/40/17. Either way, a better fit than any of the current available 17" sizes. I wonder why the Indy 500 doesn't come in these sizes, considering it's literally the same tire.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I looked up Bridgestones AU website, and the Potenza RE003 comes in our OE size as well as 215/40/17. Either way, a better fit than any of the current available 17" sizes. I wonder why the Indy 500 doesn't come in these sizes, considering it's literally the same tire.
They are seeing what the market does most likely

Azov

I just finished a set of these. I've done 15k miles of hard driving including a trip to the dragon. They are currently discontinued now according to firestone. They handled pretty good, but I still liked the BFG Sport Comp-2s better. They were noisy and were no where near as good in the wet. I also felt like when I hit the limits of grip the BFGs were way more forgiving than these.

I just finished a set of these. I've done 15k miles of hard driving including a trip to the dragon. They are currently discontinued now according to firestone. They handled pretty good, but I still liked the BFG Sport Comp-2s better. They were noisy and were no where near as good in the wet. I also felt like when I hit the limits of grip the BFGs were way more forgiving than these.
Are you sure you don't mean the discontinued firestone wide oval indy 500 which are nothing like the firehawk indy 500? I almost made that mistake when looking for the firehawk indy 500's and found they are different by a large margin and not a lot of people seemed to like them