Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Sync 3 Constantly Indexing iPod

I recently traded in my 2014 ST for a 2016 ST, so I now have Sync 3, which has been a huge pain in the ass so far. My iPod is constantly indexing and it always freezes up and I have to reset it to get it working again. After it starts working again, it usually just freezes up again. In my 2014, I had 0 issues with this, everything always worked flawlessly. I tried doing a master reset on Sync 3, no luck. There doesn't seem to be any help online for this either. I might try factory resetting my iPod later and see if that does anything. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

I have a 160GB Classic iPod with over 18,000 songs, so I bet this is a huge factor. I'm guessing maybe Sync just can't handle that much music. It's just weird because I had no issues with the 2014 model.

Hi mcummings182,

Congrats on the new ST! It seems this is the issue with all iPod Classics and SYNC 3. Devices are still being tested, but this may a compatibility issue. What generation is your iPod?

Shaay

OP
mcummings182
Thread Starter #3
It is the 7th generation, which I believe was the last they released for the classics. I really hope they come up with a fix for this, because it is extremely irritating and frustrating because I just want to listen to my music.

An update will be released by the end of the year. In the meantime, head on over to our Social site to get your voice heard: Social.Ford.com Our engineers monitor the site for feedback.

Shaay