Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Performance Car Sales to Surpass 200,000 in 2016

Right or wrong, around here Ford RS designation is synonymous with AWD. The self-made "FiRS" you just described is awesome no doubt, but we still call it "a heavily modified FiST". Though it's still only bolt-ons, so I don't know "heavily" is really true.

YMMV

Cheers (and grats!)

See above post but don't forget every vehicle in terms of a performance variety is just bolted on just at a manufacturer level. The problem is even with these vehicles like the FoRS you will still be bolting on parts lol. If you have a great starting point with good potential and healthy aftermarket it doesn't matter. The FiST has this more so then the FoST. No doubt a 2.3EB in a FWD FoRS would be overkill and couldn't hook up, the FiST still has some room left in it. The last 2 FoRS's are more so what I think the FiRS should be. I think people get too caught up in numbers and forget about balance, the FiST already has an amazing chassis so why not use that to your advantage and improve on everything, rather then re-engineering the vehicle.

I'm not saying I could build a better FiRS then Ford, but I am saying certain aspects and parts would be higher quality then what a FiRS would come with. I have followed the FoRS for many years and the FoST before that. 10K is what it would of cost to get my FoST to where I wanted and I already put 3K into it. The FoRS was so pose to solve many problems and it did in some aspect. AWD solved traction, but not the redline launching tire ripping 1.5 60ft like you would expect. They stated largest IC they could fit but it was still subpar. Dual mode dampers that still feel over sprung like the FoST. The only things the FoRS did correctly that you wouldn't have to mess with are the brakes, which are a huge fail on the FoST and the engine. The brakes don't even need a pad change and can take a beating. The engine will make 350whp with ease although my goal was 400whp it can get up there with Meth or Race gas. All depends what your goals are but I don't have any doubt Ford could pull off a wicked FiRS if left FWD and invested more into upgraded parts over AWD.

I'm not saying I would hate an AWD FiRS I'm just saying it isn't needed at the power levels we could expect. There are other things I would like to see the investment go to and the rumored RS500 and what it is so pose to be with forged aluminum suspension components and so forth is what I would love to see a FiRS. Who doesn't love helm joints?

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
If no simple AWD set up, my vote is for a Clubsport edition ST. Recaros, BBK, about 100lbs of weight reduction, better cooling systems for oil, FMIC and radiator, a real LSD and around 100lbs of weight reduction. Price it at 25K & they will come. Did I mention weight recuction[strongman]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If no simple AWD set up, my vote is for a Clubsport edition ST. Recaros, BBK, about 100lbs of weight reduction, better cooling systems for oil, FMIC and radiator, a real LSD and around 100lbs of weight reduction. Price it at 25K & they will come. Did I mention weight recuction[strongman]
Yes, but mainly because it would still have a warranty, since we could do these things now, ourselves (granted, albeit for more coin than you are setting the price bar at), and the same goes for doing what Crooked Letta would do and call it an RS.

Now, an RS500 version might be cool, since Ford HAS done that in FWD (Focus MK 2), and RWD (Sierra Cossie XR4TI style), but we would NEVER EVER get that over here on this side of the pond. [:(] [nono]

edit; I just checked and was reminded that Ford DID do a lower performance Focus MK2 RS for England/Europe, which I forgot about due to the RS500 being so clearly dominant, and impressive to me at the time. ;)

Yes, but mainly because it would still have a warranty, since we could do these things now, ourselves (granted, albeit for more coin than you are setting the price bar at), and the same goes for doing what Crooked Letta would do and call it an RS.

Now, an RS500 version might be cool, since Ford HAS done that in FWD (Focus MK 1)/RWD (Sierra Cossie XR4TI style), but we would NEVER EVER get that over here on this side of the pond. [:(] [nono]
The last RS500 sold out in 24 hours, so even if we got it over here your dealer/Ford connections better be in play :) It was an MKII Focus as well, the version we never got :(

Going to add to that a bit and if you wanted to talk about a bolt on edition the FoRS RS500 was it lol. You could purchase the same power package from Mountune. Really you paid for a wrap and limited numbers with that one.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The last RS500 sold out in 24 hours, so even if we got it over here your dealer/Ford connections better be in play :) It was an MKII Focus as well, the version we never got :(

Going to add to that a bit and if you wanted to talk about a bolt on edition the FoRS RS500 was it lol. You could purchase the same power package from Mountune. Really you paid for a wrap and limited numbers with that one.
True, and my post was updated to show the RS500 as a MK 2 Focus right as you quoted my post, and the concession that there was a Focus RS MK2 as well.

All the more point to KEEP the RS moniker as an AWD ONLY vehicle, since that is almost an impossible engineering feat for most to 'bolt-on'. [wink]

As of 10/17/16 according to Auto Guide and others, Ford is going to idle the Fiesta ST Cuautitlan, Mexico plant due to the existing supply of vehicles exceeding 90 days.