Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fidanza 9.5 pound flywheel - good or not?

Very nice. I will be going with the TTV unit. It is one solid piece of steel and weighs 11 pounds.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
This is an intriguing upgrade. I did not intend to race my FiST so engine upgrades were not on my bucket list but for some reason I like this one.

I'm leaning to one of the "midweight" flywheels. Lighter than stock but heavier than this one here. No lighter than 11#. The stock FW does not bother me, but I wouldn't mind a slightly more responsive engine.

The tranny issues I suspect may be partly due to the stock fluid. Due to some recommendations on this forum under another topic, I upgraded my fluid to motul 300 and it has significantly helped alleviate me of that concern. I am not so worried about the tranny now - even if I were to lighten the weight of the FW.

Sent using Tapatalk

Went back with the stock clutch. I don't like spek and their 20 stages lol.
Heads up, I had the spec flywheel with the stock clutch for awhile, I put it on when I put in the quaife. Not sure what power level you are at (i am big turbo) but after a few weeks the stock clutch disk broke the hub at the track. So I had to pull it back apart and put in a stage 4 clutch (unsprung 6 puck).
I don't know anybody else that has broke a clutch like that so it could be the fault of the power or the fault of the single mass, or both.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Does ANYONE else besides Spec make upgraded, smaller, 'streetable' aftermarket clutch assemblies for these cars?? [dunno]

[MENTION=829]rastok[/MENTION] How has the LWFW been over the past couple years? I am thinking about doing the upgrade. I've never modded the clutch before so I am curious of what you think of it. My car isn't a DD but I do use it to get around town on the weekends.

A7xogg

[MENTION=829]rastok[/MENTION] How has the LWFW been over the past couple years? I am thinking about doing the upgrade. I've never modded the clutch before so I am curious of what you think of it. My car isn't a DD but I do use it to get around town on the weekends.
Probably fine since he hasn't vposted anything. Ppl are more likely to post and complain than post positive stuff if there not really active. But we're a pretty damn positive group of car enthuasist

Probably fine since he hasn't vposted anything. Ppl are more likely to post and complain than post positive stuff if there not really active. But we're a pretty damn positive group of car enthuasist
That's probably due to the Fiesta being a pretty damn awesome car!.. and not one that draws much douchies too..

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That's probably due to the Fiesta being a pretty damn awesome car!.. and not one that draws much douchies too..
I can attest to that, since even the factory suspension which everyone rags on for being way too 'bouncy', held up to all of the abuse I heaped on it while driving down the bombed-out forest and fire roads of Maine/N.H. while working on the New England Forest Rally. [driving] [biggrin] [thumb]

Quisp

1000 Post Club
I can attest to that, since even the factory suspension which everyone rags on for being way too 'bouncy', held up to all of the abuse I heaped on it while driving down the bombed-out forest and fire roads of Maine/N.H. while working on the New England Forest Rally. [driving] [biggrin] [thumb]
Holding up and proper damping are 2 different things.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Holding up and proper damping are 2 different things.
Of course they are, but I was speaking to the actual quality of the springs and dampers, since they could not be 'blown out' by THOSE roads, which were definitely rougher than what most on here will ever face on pavement, cratered or not. [wink]