Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Strengthening/ Stiffening the Center Console / Arm Rest?

So as many of you are probably aware, the center console quality is...lets say lacking. I was thinking of picking up the redline center arm rest cover, or getting a leather one from a Titanium Fiesta to replace it to make the interior a little nicer- I was also thinking about doing the same with the door panel arm rests- but that still leaves one issue...The center console feels flimsy. I notice this most when I rest my arm on the center arm rest, which is almost all the time. I know the Fiesta is an econobox, but I'd like to make the ST a bit nicer.

So heres what I'm wondering- is there a way to stiffen the center console? I'd really like to make the center arm rest just a bit more firm so it doesn't wobble all the time but I have no idea how. Has anyone tried this, or even thought about it? I'm not even sure how it could be accomplished but I'm thinking a brainstorm on here might be a good idea...So does anyone have any thoughts?

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm 6' 2", 215lbs and I've never noticed mine wobbling. I'll check tonight.

Yeah I've never had a problem with mine having movement at all...just it being uncomfortable.

OP
BiigMe
Thread Starter #4
I should clarify, it doesn't wobble all the time but if you push it seems surprisingly easy to make it move, the arm rest just doesn't feel as solid as I would like it to I guess.

I know what you're talking about. Mine is a little wobbly and even squeaks while I'm driving at times if I lean on it just right. I was going to get some rubber washers and place them around the screws and make sure everu thing is tight. The wobbling doesn't bother me too much but the squeak is annoying.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF I could just remove that part altogether, without leaving rusty, bare, metal exposed, I would (and save the weight, and NEVER have to worry about hitting it when shifting once the complete boomba shift kit is installed). [wink]

IF I could just remove that part altogether, without leaving rusty, bare, metal exposed, I would (and save the weight, and NEVER have to worry about hitting it when shifting once the complete boomba shift kit is installed). [wink]
Someone on the forum replaced theirs with a console from a base fiesta that has a cup holder in place of the arm rest.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Someone on the forum replaced theirs with a console from a base fiesta that has a cup holder in place of the arm rest.
Thanks, and I know as I've seen that post, but I want to eliminate it altogether, as long as it is not too 'ratty' underneath, and what is then exposed. ;)

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
keep in mind there's 2 USB and a stereo mini jack in there as well

I just want a armrest that's a bit longer. I put a aftermarket armrest t on my Abarth and it made driving it for extended periods much more comfortable. The bolstering on the Recaros make that tiny armrest essentially useless. I do agree the stock one does feel a bit flimsy as well. I'm sure it could be reinforced quite easily if you took it apart.