Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

AccessPort on stock ST questions

Hey guys, noob questions here. First time dealing with anything tune related. Other than a Cobb drop in air filter, my ST is totally stock. I don't want to spend a lot of money or sacrifice reliability of this car, but I am looking to do some minor mods.

On a stock ST, does the AP3 actually offer noticeable and useable gains for a stock car that's a daily driver? I hear it helps the low end torque, etc. But is it really worth the $500?

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Personally, I think the stock to stage 1 Cobb map offers a nice, noticeable difference.

Horsepower wise.. don't think you'll see much. But yes it adds a nice amount of torque down low

OP
N
Thread Starter #5
Perfect, that's what I needed! Purchased one used so I'm excited to hook it up. Coming from a 350Z with tons of low end, my only complaint with the ST so far is the lack of low end torque and busyness of the shifts when you're at a range below 2500RPM. I mean you can't even start this thing from 2nd! I've read that the AP3 really does fix some of this.

Follow up question. The AP3 I bought also includes some stage 3 tunes he had for his car. Obviously I can't use this, being stock. Do I just hold onto it in case for some reason I do end up modding the car? Is this something that comes on a disk that somebody else could use, or would it even matter since these tunes are unique to the car it was tested on?

Waterfan

Personally, I think the stock to stage 1 Cobb map offers a nice, noticeable difference.

Horsepower wise.. don't think you'll see much. But yes it adds a nice amount of torque down low
Throttle response and rev hang are improved as well. These and other little drive-ability tweaks help "wake up" the car, make it feel "more eager". Extra torque everywhere is noticeable.

EDIT: "Worth it" is in the eye of the beholder. It is for me. The AP also lets you read and clear codes and is super user-friendly. Saves the cost of any other OBDII reader tool, if applicable (~$50 and up)

So does the ap have tunes pre loaded on to it already, or is it just as the name applies--- an access point for uploading tunes to it? Or both. Comes with tunes and allows you to load new ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I bought it more for the ability to load (and unload at will) both the flash variety, and full custom 'pro' tunes into the car's ECU, than for the included, Cobb OTS tunes. ;)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
So does the ap have tunes pre loaded on to it already, or is it just as the name applies--- an access point for uploading tunes to it? Or both. Comes with tunes and allows you to load new ones?
It comes loaded from Cobb with their 'OTS' ("off the shelf") tunes on it.

You can upload other tunes of all sorts onto it (WHY I bought it) as well.

What I don't know is IF you have to get rid of all of the Cobb OTS tunes, in order to make room for the same number of non-Cobb tune to use those 'slots', OR if one can keep it ALL (5 Cobb tune map slots, AND 5 'aftermarket' tune map slots)?? [dunno]

I have not read the whole manual yet.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^THAT one I am not sure about, since Livernois has their own, exclusive, hand held device that they want to sell you, and it may be the only way to get their tune.

Others will come on and confirm or deny this, hopefully.

No. You don't have to remove COBB's OTS tunes to make room for other tunes. I have all the COBB's OTS tunes, along with Stratified's Tunes V1.00 to V3.00.

It comes loaded from Cobb with their 'OTS' ("off the shelf") tunes on it.

You can upload other tunes of all sorts onto it (WHY I bought it) as well.

What I don't know is IF you have to get rid of all of the Cobb OTS tunes, in order to make room for the same number of non-Cobb tune to use those 'slots', OR if one can keep it ALL (5 Cobb tune map slots, AND 5 'aftermarket' tune map slots)?? [dunno]

I have not read the whole manual yet.

Nope. Livernois Tune uses a different form of loader, thus you cannot store their tunes on the AP.

^^^THAT one I am not sure about, since Livernois has their own, exclusive, hand held device that they want to sell you, and it may be the only way to get their tune.

Others will come on and confirm or deny this, hopefully.

Bought my AP with 10k on the FiST. Best performance increase per dollar I've spent thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spaceman_Spiff

Access Ports get bought and sold on this site so often, wouldn't it be a good idea to have a FAQ thread/sticky on them? I know when I bought mine it would have been pretty helpful... things like how to switch between slots (cruise control button functions), all the neat little things they do, how to load OTS maps, etc..

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Access Ports get bought and sold on this site so often, wouldn't it be a good idea to have a FAQ thread/sticky on them? I know when I bought mine it would have been pretty helpful... things like how to switch between slots (cruise control button functions), all the neat little things they do, how to load OTS maps, etc..
Sounds like a good idea...[thumb]

COBB AccessPort FAQ and Info Thread - Manuals and "How to" Videos