Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

POLL: What Tune are you using on your Fiesta ST?

What Tune are you using on your Fiesta ST?

• COBB Tuning

Votes: 138 23.8%
  • Mountune

Votes: 85 14.7%
  • Tune+

Votes: 58 10.0%
  • Stratified Automotive Controls

Votes: 132 22.8%
  • DeadHook Motorsports

Votes: 23 4.0%
  • Livernois Motorsports

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Oz Tuning

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • PERON

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • "Self-Tuned" w/ COBB ATR

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • PD Tuning

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Dizzy Tuning

Votes: 115 19.9%

• Total voters

felopr

Stratified just came through with my E30 tune in 24 hours flat from the time I submitted my tuning form.

So frickin excited!
Amazing service from the peeps at Stratified!

THANK YOU!!! [twothumb]
Then you must be someone reallyyyyy important or Jesús because that never happends with them, the 24 hours turnaround, ever

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
i guess you speak for every Stratified customer? because my tunes always came within 1 business day.

felopr

i guess you speak for every Stratified customer? because my tunes always came within 1 business day.
Flash tune or custom tune? If it is a flash tune, then that is a 1st. I have heard a lot of people waiting 5+ days to get theirs, including myself
If it is a custom tune then, that explains it

It was an E30 flash tune.
I also have waited up to almost a week before as well, this time they came through though.
There's probably times that are busier than others and I just got lucky.... that or I am Jesus apparently [rockon]

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Flash tune or custom tune? If it is a flash tune, then that is a 1st. I have heard a lot of people waiting 5+ days to get theirs, including myself
If it is a custom tune then, that explains it
Flash tunes

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
I am now running a Dizzy set of tunes, 93 and e30 and both are freaking awesome. The 93 tune drives just like stock, but faster, a good bit faster. Even averaged 34+ mpg on a highway troll this weekend.

Then there is the e30 tune, holy jeezus amazeballs. I LOVE it.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
where does one find these dizzy tunes??
dizzytuning.com... He has sales for just about every major and minor holiday to where you get the e30 for free when you order the flash tune... his tunes are amazingly smooth and refined, absolutely adore his e30 tune, it literally feels exactly how a stock turbo car should just run and feel at it's best, but his 91/93 tunes I feel are a little flat and too conservative compared to like a Stratified tune.

Just installed my DiabloSport 91 octane tune. I'll give it a few days and report back. I know some folks have had mixed results, but I couldn't pass up an i3 tuner for $169

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

ROCKYFiestta

dizzytuning.com... He has sales for just about every major and minor holiday to where you get the e30 for free when you order the flash tune... his tunes are amazingly smooth and refined, absolutely adore his e30 tune, it literally feels exactly how a stock turbo car should just run and feel at it's best, but his 91/93 tunes I feel are a little flat and too conservative compared to like a Stratified tune.
thanks for the tip currently running the stage 2 dizzy 91 oct , very pleased with the feel and speed the car is also more responsive makes the car feel like this is how it should have come from the dealer.

i was also very impressed with the eco map still plenty to get you around but i love it for heavy traffic makes driving a bit more laid back [perfect10] cant wait to try their e30 tune next

danbfree

3000 Post Club
thanks for the tip currently running the stage 2 dizzy 91 oct , very pleased with the feel and speed the car is also more responsive makes the car feel like this is how it should have come from the dealer.

i was also very impressed with the eco map still plenty to get you around but i love it for heavy traffic makes driving a bit more laid back [perfect10] cant wait to try their e30 tune next
Glad you like the Dizzy tune, his e30 is just amazing, you won't want to go back to any less! :)

Update on my DiabloSport tune. After 2 months of back and forth, I still can't get either tune to work without throwing codes and going into Limp Mode. The tunes work, kind of. You can see and feel the difference, until the P0234 code pops up. I'm about to give up on this product.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Update on my DiabloSport tune. After 2 months of back and forth, I still can't get either tune to work without throwing codes and going into Limp Mode. The tunes work, kind of. You can see and feel the difference, until the P0234 code pops up. I'm about to give up on this product.
Find a used Cobb AP and get a very solid real Pro Tuner flash tune for $75 and zero headaches my friend... Sorry to hear that in this case that you got what you paid for. :(

On the stock turbo I was using a Stratified off the shelf tune. Now I've got an MRX and I am tuning with Tune+ with good results.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
We've had some great discussion with some tuning experts on the FB groups about this and here I am, a full year into ownership and this idea finally makes sense: If you have the stock turbo and run pump gas, then Cobb OTS stage 2-3 is pretty much the same as a Stratified flash tune and not much reason to get a Stratified tune in that case (pump fuel, stock turbo). Ignore Cobb's BS "requirements" and you'll see that all stock turbo tunes has about the same WGDC, boost, timing and power overall. Cobb uses less base timing and adds more while Stratified has higher base timing advance and adds less and a bit different throttle input mapping... Now I'm a fan of Dizzy because of just how smooth he makes it in comparison to Cobb or Stratified, it truly gives the car a much more refined feel so it's worth the $75 cost alone, on top of having an E30 tune. But dead honestly, I don't see why anyone shouldn't just run Cobb Stage 2-3 instead of Stratified with a stock turbo now, the main difference overall is throttle tuning really, some people may feel that and the other options like traction control set to what you want at startup every time are worth it to them and that's fine, but power-wise there isn't too much difference at all.

I agree about the "BS requirements". I ran the Cobb stage 3 tune almost from the moment I installed it. I happen to like my canned Stratified 3.1 V tune better than the stage 3 Cobb tune. I have gone back and forth with these 2 and like was said the power is about the same but delivered a little differently. I might try a Dizzy tune one day but I can't imagine it being
that much different than Cobb and Stratified.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I agree about the "BS requirements". I ran the Cobb stage 3 tune almost from the moment I installed it. I happen to like my canned Stratified 3.1 V tune better than the stage 3 Cobb tune. I have gone back and forth with these 2 and like was said the power is about the same but delivered a little differently. I might try a Dizzy tune one day but I can't imagine it being
that much different than Cobb and Stratified.
You are 100% right as far as power levels, with a stock turbo there isn't much more power between any decent tune. like I was saying above the biggest factor is how throttle response is programmed. But after trying Cobb, Strat V4 and Dizzy, the level of refinement and smoothness with Dizzy is clearly superior and a big factor to consider. I'm happy to have spent my money with him and have no intentions of go with yet another tuner... Now I'm not sure I posted it here or not, but Dizzy beat Stratified in torque and lower RPM HP by a bit in my case too. Blue is Dizzy, Red is Stratified V4. Dips in boost are from traction issues too, I need to get some new runs in to compare. I like how with Dizzy I had him set the Cobb TC to default to on at a setting of 3, works just as good if not better than paying extra for Strat's TC, but others have found Strat's TC to be superior for them. Of course still have to hit the TC button once to "Sport Mode" to override the lousy Ford fuel cut system, like any other tune, there is a guy here in the forums who sells a gadget to have either the "Sport mode" or "Race mode" enabled at startup.

52842284_10215967667998522_7930952361000828928_n.jpg

karp

I am working on a 93 tune with Randy from Mountune that comes with the FB1 package (with a cp-e intercooler). Compared to stock (and Cobb stage 1 93), it's a huge improvement. And Cobb stage 1 was much better than stock (except it surged quite a lot at steady throttle in low gears). The thing that's most amazing to me is that my gas mileage improved, despite the fact that I've been driving it hard. Stock, the fuel light would come on at about 290 miles on a full tank with mixed, gentle driving. Working my way through two revisions, and giving it the beans a lot more frequently than usual, the low fuel warning light came on at 300 on this tank.

Last edited: