Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DiabloSport Now Supports Fiesta ST

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
http://www.diablosport.com/latest-releases/2013-2016-ford-fiesta-st-now-supported/

September 1, 2016

"The Ford Fiesta ST is a sporty ride but there was a lot of power left on the table from factory and unlocking that is what we do! We strapped the Fiesta down to the dyno and got to work! We?ve optimized the tuning and added max gains of 50 HP and 89 LB-FT of torque to the tires! We made huge gains on the bottom end to increase responsiveness and make this car a blast to drive!

We know power is always the main goal in performance tuning but we always strive to make sure you have the custom options to make tweaks to optimize the product yourself. We have enabled custom options like tire size calibration, cooling fan control, timing and fueling adjustments, speed/rev limiters and more!

Now you can take your Fiesta ST to the next level with POWER YOU CAN FEEL from DiabloSport!"

[h=3]Pre-Loaded Performance Programs[/h][h=3]Fiesta ST 1.6L[/h]93 Octane Performance Tune | +50 HP / +89 TQ
This tune was designed to get the most performance possible using 93 octane.

91 Octane Performance Tune | +40 HP / +70 TQ
This tune was designed to give great performance gains using 91 octane while increasing efficiency when driving conservatively.

Factory HP Tune
This tune is the factory tune.

[HR][/HR]
inTune i2 for Ford - $399.95

Features

? Touch Screen
? Data Logging
? Check Clear DTCs
? 5 Volt Data Logging Inputs
? Accepts Custom Tunes from CMR
? 93 Octane Performance Tune: 50HP 89TQ
? 91 Octane Performance Tune: 40HP 70TQ
? Calibrate Speedo for Tire Size
? Cooling Fan Control
? Fuel Rich/Lean Adjustment
? Spark Timing Advance/Retard
? Idle RPM
? Top Speed Limiter
? Rev Limiter
? Global Timing Adjustment

i2020_in_box_1.jpg

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Nothing wrong with Livernois, but their tuner and support is lacking. No ethanol fuel options or options for turbo upgrades (unless you are local). The Accessport really is the best way to go, if I had to do it all over again, I would've stuck with my original Accessport.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Not much more tuning that you can do, unlike the Accesstuner. Livernois OTS and the likes, are great if you're not planning to run anything more than gasoline and just happy with the current stock turbo.

caliboy15

Nothing wrong with Livernois, but their tuner and support is lacking. No ethanol fuel options or options for turbo upgrades (unless you are local). The Accessport really is the best way to go, if I had to do it all over again, I would've stuck with my original Accessport.
Are you running E30 soon or full E85?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I agree with most of the above assessments, but somehow I DO wish that the AP, and any of the custom/pro tunes (or even flash/canned tunes) added to it allowed the minor, NOT timing/fuel trim/etc. 'hard' tune parameter changes (i.e.; rev limiter, tire O.D., fan settings and the like) by the end user, WITHOUT having to go back to the tuner for a complete retune/flash map. [:(]

This was the ONE feature I liked about Diablosport's hand held devices when I had one for my LS1 Z28, but, I could not stand having to go to one of their (far and very few between) 'CMR dealers' for ANY kind of custom tuning while using this device.

I also highly doubt that any of the well loved and known tuners on here, and in this community will EVER pay the hefty licensing fees to Diablosport to become CMR dealers for the very few FiST owners who choose this route. [nono]

fST

Proprietary tuner = no thanks

I learned my lesson from Livernois Motorsports. For the money, though, this isn't bad.
I could be wrong but I don't think the DiabloSport is like the Livernois Tuner. It appears the DiabloSport allows for data logging and custom tuning from a third party person, just like Cobb's, or at least that's how it was with their previous units. When I had my SVT Focus, the DiabloSport Predator was pretty popular and had custom tuning after sending your data logs, just like Cobb's Accessport. I had custom tunes on my DiabloSport Predator from "Turbo Tom" the most popular tuner for tuning Foci. Livernois doesn't have data logging or third party tuners for customization.

fST

I also highly doubt that any of the well loved and known tuners on here, and in this community will EVER pay the hefty licensing fees to Diablosport to become CMR dealers for the very few FiST owners who choose this route. [nono]
Cobb's unit is so popular in this community it's probably too late to even make a difference anyway.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Cobb's unit is so popular in this community it's probably too late to even make a difference anyway.
Absolutely, and it is compounded by Diablosport's CMR licensing fees that the tuners already on Cobb's very popular/known quantity program would be quite unwilling to pay for with little hope of any payoff on it from customer demand for the Diablosport program.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Are you running E30 soon or full E85?
E30, you can't run full E85 without having longterm issues.

I could be wrong but I don't think the DiabloSport is like the Livernois Tuner. It appears the DiabloSport allows for data logging and custom tuning from a third party person, just like Cobb's, or at least that's how it was with their previous units. When I had my SVT Focus, the DiabloSport Predator was pretty popular and had custom tuning after sending your data logs, just like Cobb's Accessport. I had custom tunes on my DiabloSport Predator from "Turbo Tom" the most popular tuner for tuning Foci. Livernois doesn't have data logging or third party tuners for customization.
True, but I doubt tuning companies will come forward and make tunes for this device. Who knows. It's always good to have options, right?

fST

E30, you can't run full E85 without having longterm issues.

True, but I doubt tuning companies will come forward and make tunes for this device. Who knows. It's always good to have options, right?
I agree with you there but that's not the point. The point is this device IS different. It DOES allow the ability to have third party custom tunes because DiabloSport actually allows access into their device through the CMR licensing thing and the device allows owners to get data logs, just like Cobb's unit. The Livernois option doesn't allow for either of those.

With the price being so close to that of a cobb unit, are there any benefits do this over anyone else's device?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fST

With the price being so close to that of a cobb unit, are there any benefits do this over anyone else's device?

Well, for $400 you're getting what looks like much higher gains than with Cobb's OTS tunes. Their OTS tune gains look similar to Livernois, actually. This is probably better than Livernois though because it's $200 cheaper while having the ability to datalog and have a third party give you a custom tune, like with Cobb's AP, even though we know of no reputable person, or any person at this time for that matter, who supports custom tuning with this device. You don't have that ability with Livernois.

fST

This system is very similar to the Cobb AP. I protune and stock these units FYI....

Russ
Wow! So you get the option of custom tunes from DHM, a reputable tuner in the community. With the OTS tunes from DiabloSport seemingly being much better than Cobb's, at least based on the performance gains stated by them (real numbers could be different), this appears to be a pretty competitive option. And again, much different and better than the Livernois option, it seems.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Wow! So you get the option of custom tunes from DHM, a reputable tuner in the community. With the OTS tunes from DiabloSport seemingly being much better than Cobb's, at least based on the performance gains stated by them (real numbers could be different), this appears to be a pretty competitive option. And again, much different and better than the Livernois option, it seems.
Correct! We will have some right ups very soon!

I notice it says "93 Octane Performance Tune | +50 HP / +89 TQ" Does it really give you 50HP because that seems very high. The only tune i have ever seen do that was Revo on the VW's and it adds about 45HP to 55HP. I just didn't think you could get that much out of the 1.6 fiesta but i could be wrong Lol. Anyone tried it yet?