Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

COBB AccessPort FAQ and Info Thread

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
COBB AP Support - Tutorials and Instructional Videos

COBB AP V3 - Fiesta ST

AccessPort User Manual

AccessPort Manager Manual

COBB AP Firmware Update Release Notes

COBB AP Data Monitor List

COBB Tuning - Fiesta ST OTS Map Notes

V3 Data Logging

Cruise Control Button Assignments

[HR][/HR]
COBB AccessPort Instructional Videos:

How To Video: Install and Uninstall the V3 Accessport:

[video=youtube;zG-05p-H_UE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG-05p-H_UE[/video]

How To Video: Configure Gauges on the V3 Accessport:

[video=youtube;2ebBLLvb9iU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ebBLLvb9iU[/video]

How To Video: Help Menus on the V3 Accessport:

[video=youtube;d41JSmgh_tU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d41JSmgh_tU[/video]

How to Video: Updating AP and Downloading and Installing Maps

[video=youtube;5CBvi0Elc7w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CBvi0Elc7w[/video]

How to Video: COBB Map Switching and FFS

[video=youtube;gXYXl_jI46Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXYXl_jI46Y[/video]

2015 ST stage 1 map installed.
when i go to "gauges" there's surely a long list of available ones but i don't see "coolant temperature" listed
checked like ten times
everything else seems to be there
am i the only one with this missing gauge?
Thanks

Ha anyone tried using a magnetic phone mount as a replacement for the provided mount? I want to know if the AP does anything weird with the magnet before I buy a plate for mine. I use the brand SCOSCHE for my phone in cars.

brbauer2

Ha anyone tried using a magnetic phone mount as a replacement for the provided mount? I want to know if the AP does anything weird with the magnet before I buy a plate for mine. I use the brand SCOSCHE for my phone in cars.
Zero issues over nearly 2 years.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

DEss

Maybe mine is different but my ap has a magnetic back

DEss

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

NOPE...Works just fine....in fact I don't even use a metal backing on my AP3 just stick it right to the vent holder magnet and away we go data logging..road trips....Rarely leaves my car except when transferring logs!

CaptainCheesy

U.S. Army Veteran
Anyone recommend using/ not using the factory maps on the AccessPort? I've only been told that they're trash and could possibly do some crazy damage. I'm just looking to install my newly found AP and start creating logs for when I go to tune. Any and all input would be great, thanks guys (and gals)!!

Anyone recommend using/ not using the factory maps on the AccessPort? I've only been told that they're trash and could possibly do some crazy damage. I'm just looking to install my newly found AP and start creating logs for when I go to tune. Any and all input would be great, thanks guys (and gals)!!
This FUD has been going around for a long time, no idea why.

Are they the best tunes in the world? Of course not. They're conservative specifically to account for differences in location, production quality, fuel quality, etc. They're not going to make as much power as a custom tune, but the flip side of that is they're not going to blow up your engine. An aggressive custom tune will have more potential to cause engine damage, but that doesn't mean it will if done correctly.

I've owned two FiSTs, my '15 ran Cobb OTS for a year and a half (stage 1, then 2) with zero issues. My '16 is currently on stage 1 and has not had a problem in the month or so it's been running it.

brbauer2

OTS are perfectly fine. If they were what was causing engines to blow, the owners would go after COBB for $$$ and COBB would not include them.
My guess why people blow up on OTS is because it's their first time with a tune and get stupid while driving.

This FUD has been going around for a long time, no idea why.

Are they the best tunes in the world? Of course not. They're conservative specifically to account for differences in location, production quality, fuel quality, etc. They're not going to make as much power as a custom tune, but the flip side of that is they're not going to blow up your engine. An aggressive custom tune will have more potential to cause engine damage, but that doesn't mean it will if done correctly.

I've owned two FiSTs, my '15 ran Cobb OTS for a year and a half (stage 1, then 2) with zero issues. My '16 is currently on stage 1 and has not had a problem in the month or so it's been running it.
This.

Stock > OTS > flash > custom

Further to the right gets you more performance, but also more risk should something go wrong.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

OTS are perfectly fine. If they were what was causing engines to blow, the owners would go after COBB for $$$ and COBB would not include them.
My guess why people blow up on OTS is because it's their first time with a tune and get stupid while driving.
You may be on to something there. The more you push the mechanical limits of an engine, the more important certain things like letting your oil get up to operating temp before really romping on it becomes critical to the longevity of said engine. Yeah you can bounce a stock Honda B16 on the rev limiter for 15 minutes straight off a cold start (exaggerating here of course, but probably not by much) because that engine is nowhere near as high strung as a 1.6 turbo making 200 hp.

So "burn out made" is that launch control where it will hold the rev while you are flat footed on the gas until you release the clutch then it will let all hell break loose at the rev limiter?

Taz

Are they safe? Yesterday I had a chat with a local tuner and he seemed to think that they could easily screw up your entire system, continually switching between different maps. He also thought they're a passing techno fad that're here now and gone in a few years, replaced by some other gimmick. That's his views. I actually went there to see if he could fit one for me next year and to see what maps he had that I could use.

When I bought my car my husband got a custom tune for it. The folks at COBB did their thing and said that for my particular car the OTS map for the ST was pretty much indistinguishable from the custom. I might be misremembering it as it was 7 years ago, but I'm happy with the results. On the rare occasion it shits itself and somehow reflashes to stock, I panic and think my car is dying.