Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

P0455 Evap code info

Hi FiST forum members!

I just wanted to give you a heads up on a code that can pop up that you'll want to do yourself if you like to work on your own car. I have been getting P0455/P0456 codes and I took my car into the stealership to get it fixed. I thought it would be covered under my extended warranty. The problem is that road debris hit and cracked my Evap Vapor canister (PT #D2BZ9D653A). It isn't covered under warranty go figure! They wanted $350 to fix the problem. I think it was $115 for the part and $135 for labor. I found the part online for $78 shipped to me and the work will take me 15 minutes when I do my oil change coming up. The canister is attached to the bottom of your fuel time and you can see it if you look under the back end of your car. Its two bolts and disconnecting one plug and two hoses simple job and they wanted $135 for it. Just wanted to give you a heads up as I paid $70 to learn this without any real work done. Hope it helps!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Take pictures of the install. I added an aluminum skid plate to mine. Ice blocks in winter are bad for these.

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
I will be taking pictures! I am hoping to have the No-Pistions Skid plate when I install it. I reached out and he said he needs to weld some up as he doesn't have any on hand.

I received the same P0456 check engine light code last night. I cleared it drove home from work and checked the evap canister and did not see any obvious signs that would indicate any damage.

Can anyone who has went through this give me some more info. What did you end up doing for the fix? Did you have an actual crack you could see? Or has anyone just got the code for a different reason?

I am making my rounds on the forums so thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk