Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hybrid Turbo Review Thread

Pete

I made a personal review about my own car with the X37 hybrid turbo. The video I made isn't to glorify this specific turbo but all the hybrid turbos in how it completely changes the car over the stock turbo. I posted this earlier in my build page but I think more people will see it in a dedicated thread. If you have any videos of how your hybrid turbo performs or any input you would like to add feel free to post below!

[video=youtube_share;aXlMeUH3deA]https://youtu.be/aXlMeUH3deA[/video]

2006ser

Nice video but the main question is how the he'll you installed the sparco seat? How you bypass the airbag system?

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Nice video but the main question is how the he'll you installed the sparco seat? How you bypass the airbag system?
You have to find a resistor with the correct ohms. The same way people do it when they put racing steering wheels on that get rid of the air bag.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I made a personal review about my own car with the X37 hybrid turbo. The video I made isn't to glorify this specific turbo but all the hybrid turbos in how it completely changes the car over the stock turbo. I posted this earlier in my build page but I think more people will see it in a dedicated thread. If you have any videos of how your hybrid turbo performs or any input you would like to add feel free to post below!

[video=youtube_share;aXlMeUH3deA]https://youtu.be/aXlMeUH3deA[/video]
THANK YOU for that video! [thumb]

Where did the tuner set your rev limiter?

Also; are you sure that the harness mounting angle you are using will NOT compress your spine in a collision, or an 'off' on the track??

I know those are ASM belts (I would still go with the originators, Schroth), but they still have to be mounted at the correct angle in order to work, and be safe, spine wise (at least a roll bar with a harness mount would be MUCH better, but I know you know that). ;)

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Hitting the rev limiter a few times I see! But it's so easy to do that with this turbo, I'm seeing 20psi @2800rpm and that's on our crappy Canadian gas, it's truly sad I'll never get to see the full potential of this turbo.

Nice review, hater gon hate[chairfall]

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #10
Any questions about my seats can be answered in my build thread or PM me your questions.

THANK YOU for that video! [thumb]
Where did the tuner set your rev limiter?
Also; are you sure that the harness mounting angle you are using will NOT compress your spine in a collision, or an 'off' on the track??
I know those are ASM belts (I would still go with the originators, Schroth), but they still have to be mounted at the correct angle in order to work, and be safe, spine wise (at least a roll bar with a harness mount would be MUCH better, but I know you know that). ;)
On 91 octane I have it set to 6,800 rpm on E30 it is at 7,300 for track events. I plan on shifting at 7,000 mainly the extra 300 is just run off to prevent hitting the limiter (unlike in the video). The belts are mounted correctly I also have a custom harness bar I normally use but was moving some things and had to remove it for space in the hatch.

Hitting the rev limiter a few times I see! But it's so easy to do that with this turbo, I'm seeing 20psi @2800rpm and that's on our crappy Canadian gas, it's truly sad I'll never get to see the full potential of this turbo.

Yeah I don't normally hit the limiter but the gopro filming the tach was blocking my vision and I was attempting to use the access port to watch my revs. As you can clearly see it didn't go as I had planned.

Any questions about my seats can be answered in my build thread or PM me your questions.

On 91 octane I have it set to 6,800 rpm on E30 it is at 7,300 for track events. I plan on shifting at 7,000 mainly the extra 300 is just run off to prevent hitting the limiter (unlike in the video). The belts are mounted correctly I also have a custom harness bar I normally use but was moving some things and had to remove it for space in the hatch.

Yeah I don't normally hit the limiter but the gopro filming the tach was blocking my vision and I was attempting to use the access port to watch my revs. As you can clearly see it didn't go as I had planned.
Sound and feel is all you need. Once you get this down you will never have to watch the Tach even on heel & toe.

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #14

After watching the video again I don't see myself hitting the limiter in what is shown. I did do a few takes of this and hit it a few times on the clips I did not use.

Sound and feel is all you need. Once you get this down you will never have to watch the Tach even on heel & toe.
Agreed, getting used to the car again as it really is a completely different animal.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
^^^ Oh yes! The world needs to hear that warble psssht chirp sound! Never have and probably never will hear a blow off sound like ur car again. That 2JR intake with the EWG and BOV is just nuts. I thought I broke ur car the first time I left off lol

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
^^^ Oh yes! The world needs to hear that warble psssht chirp sound! Never have and probably never will hear a blow off sound like ur car again. That 2JR intake with the EWG and BOV is just nuts. I thought I broke ur car the first time I left off lol
Haha it's just the 2J intake.. let's you hear everything going on inside the turbo. It made same noises when I had the stock turbo