Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Seatbelt pads annoyingly in the way or cool addition to stock interior

Thinking about ways to flass up my ST's otherwise completely stock interior. I found these seatbelt pads below and want to see if anybody else on here has them or anything like them? I feel like they would sort of get in the way or be annoying but if they add comfort and style they may be a buy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...44-20&linkId=898018d9d2c48b76168cde609c002ac7

I'm not really going for the racey vibe but I thought they looked kinda neat

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
My wife uses these in the truck as it is more comfortable for her when wearing the seatbelt. for me I don't feel it better or worse with it. They are cheap enough to try.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I've seen those as well, and will probably try them, but I was planning on getting the Sparco Alcantara pads in black for use in the warm weather since I feel they would be much more comfortable, albeit 4 times the price of the above.

I used to use the Bell branded, soft microfiber/microsuede material foam filled pads from Vato Zone, but they only seem to last about a month or two before they fade, and start losing their 'nap', hence the desire to try the costly Sparco pads. ;)

With any of these, yes, it is a pain moving them every time you put on the belt, or get out of the car (to keep the buckle end from getting closed in the door and breaking it), but it IS worth it if you tend to get neck rash from the belt contacting you, especially in the sweaty, summer heat.

I got some Ford logo blue fabric ones from my local dealer. Cheap and brighten up the interior

AzNightmare

I have them. Do not notice them at all. For me, they don't do anything but add a visual touch.

With any of these, yes, it is a pain moving them every time you put on the belt, or get out of the car (to keep the buckle end from getting closed in the door and breaking it), but it IS worth it if you tend to get neck rash from the belt contacting you, especially in the sweaty, summer heat.
o_O must be different experience for everyone. Moving the pad to your shoulder becomes as second nature as buckling up and removing your seat belt when you exit your car. I don't even recall if I need to move my shoulder pad or not. Not sure how it's a pain to move them each time, but I guess different experience for each person. lol

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, well "one more step" to take every time one buckles up is a more apt description than "pain" I guess, if your judging semantics. ;)

It has also become 'second nature', and a reflexive action for myself, but I DO still have to move it up the shoulder part of the belt after exiting the car to keep it from keeping any slack in the belt, and to prevent it from letting the buckle get slammed in the door.

I picked some of these up, hard to go wrong at that price. I really don't enjoy them though, the problem is that you have re position the pad every time you strap in as well as when you get out. This is because when you position the pad to be on your chest, the pad is too close to the seat belt re tractor, so it doesn't fully retract. They do look quite nice though, so I've ended up putting them on my rear seat belts.

AzNightmare

Guess it depends on seat position, body position, etc. lol I tend to have these pads more on my shoulders though, not so much my chest. I've seen people wear them differently in pics. I'm not that tall though. When I get out of my car, I never have to adjust anything. It doesn't impede with the belt retractor.
Never knew these things could cause issues to people, but I guess if it works fine for me, I wouldn't think otherwise.

As most have already said, can't go wrong with this price. Just try them out, and if you don't like them, put them in the back seats. :)