Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thunderhill West - OnGrid - 9/25/16

I finally got photos from my track day last weekend. I thought I would share them.

Didn't have any cooling issues with the new Radiator and Oil Cooler. Ambient temps of 100F, coolant barely went over 200F while the oil started cooking a little at 230F-240F.

It was so much fun, first time at the Thunderhill West track. It's a perfect size for a plucky little fiesta (2-mile). And a perfect track for beginners like me.

Another track day is being held with the same organizers on Nov. 12. Its only $150 too! Super cheap.

Looking good. Thanks for sharing the pics.

That scenery exemplifies The Golden State. Seems to be a very nice track with interesting changes in elevation. Will have to try it although a farther drive than Laguna.

I was considering going but didn't have the time. The 3 people I knew who went either blew their engines or came very close. None were fords though.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
I finally got photos from my track day last weekend. I thought I would share them.

Didn't have any cooling issues with the new Radiator and Oil Cooler. Ambient temps of 100F, coolant barely went over 200F while the oil started cooking a little at 230F-240F.

It was so much fun, first time at the Thunderhill West track. It's a perfect size for a plucky little fiesta (2-mile). And a perfect track for beginners like me.

Another track day is being held with the same organizers on Nov. 12. Its only $150 too! Super cheap.

Sweet pics. Any mods or are you stock aside from cooling?

OP
Hwy9FiST
Thread Starter #5
I'm pretty well modified. I did it all mainly for mountain driving. Only other thing would be a real lsd.

All the chassis bracing
All 3 upgraded motor mounts
Xta suspension
Turbo back
Stripped out rear
Star specs
Hp+ steel lines and deflectors
Upgraded bushings
Etc etc

All of which is not needed for any sort of track day. And I wish I went to a track day way sooner, instead of thinking I needed upgraded parts.

What cooling mods to you do? I went to THill West on July 23 in 100 degree heat and was hitting 246 coolant temps after 10 minutes.

OP
Hwy9FiST
Thread Starter #7
The peak temp of the day was around 100f and my water barely went over 210.

I've got the Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler.

Do you have stock cooling? Have you tracked a lot?

OP
Hwy9FiST
Thread Starter #9
I was a slow poke! The best I pulled was a 1:41.28

But it was my first time on any kind of race track.

Hey got to start somewhere I am glad that there are other people with Fiesta ST's tracking them! I was at Thunderhill West this past weekend and the best I could squeeze out was a 1:40.8. I REALLY wanted a sub 1:40 time but I left a lot out there. By the way did you have a tow hook?

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
I'm pretty well modified. I did it all mainly for mountain driving. Only other thing would be a real lsd.

All the chassis bracing
All 3 upgraded motor mounts
Xta suspension
Turbo back
Stripped out rear
Star specs
Hp+ steel lines and deflectors
Upgraded bushings
Etc etc

All of which is not needed for any sort of track day. And I wish I went to a track day way sooner, instead of thinking I needed upgraded parts.
How did your XTA coilovers hold up? Do you have the base or the adjustable dampening ones?

The peak temp of the day was around 100f and my water barely went over 210.

I've got the Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler.

Do you have stock cooling? Have you tracked a lot?
I have a totally stock cooling system. I have done three track days in my FIST. If the FIST was my only track car I would definitely be upgrading the cooling system.

OP
Hwy9FiST
Thread Starter #13
Hey got to start somewhere I am glad that there are other people with Fiesta ST's tracking them! I was at Thunderhill West this past weekend and the best I could squeeze out was a 1:40.8. I REALLY wanted a sub 1:40 time but I left a lot out there. By the way did you have a tow hook?
I did not run a tow hook in the front but I do have one to install. I think its more of a issue during the wet months.

OP
Hwy9FiST
Thread Starter #14
How did your XTA coilovers hold up? Do you have the base or the adjustable dampening ones?
I have the XTA which are adjustable. Ive never felt the need to adjust them though. I bought them purely because they are easier to install. And some e36 friends recommended them. All of them have also never felt any need to adjust them.

I have a totally stock cooling system. I have done three track days in my FIST. If the FIST was my only track car I would definitely be upgrading the cooling system.
I guess I was wrong in saying you don't need any modifications for tracking. Haha.

I hope its not raining Nov 12 and its much cooler. Less heak soak + better braking would be nice. But who knows. It was 100f at the end of September!

Nice to see some Bay Area FiSTs tracking their cars.

hwy9 my old stomping ground when I use to cruise a lot in my old EVO.

If I can get my BC coils in time. I'll hit up Thunderbolt on the 12th

Siestarider

Great to see more folks tracking their Fist. I have found a seemingly endless set of fun days tracking, fun setting up and fun improving skill.

[MENTION=2627]Hwy9FiST[/MENTION], looks like you are signed up for the session Nov 12th.

Who else is attending?