Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

brake pads and rotors. Part numbers for reference.

Hello, I have a 2016 model year Fiesta ST and I have been having trouble finding brake pads and rotors for replacement. I use my ST mostly as a ride share vehicle in San Francisco. I wear out brakes. I know from my mustangs I want solid rotors. The biggest issue I am having is that Summit stops listing the part for the ST past 2014(first year) I mostly need to know that there have been no changes in the brake system from 2014 to 2016. And any suggestions as to what kits/pads to run. I am an autoX enthusiast and this car will occasionally take the place of my mustang at an AutoX event. The ride sharing over the hills of San Francisco doesn't help my brake system either. I'm got lazy and tired of shopping without a solid reference. This car is too new to find parts for lol. Looking to get all four rotors and pad sets at OE quality or better for under 200 dollars. I can do the labor myself, I'm constantly working on my Fox Body's brakes lol.

Thanks guys!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Stock rotors front: AY1Z-1125-A
Stock rotors rear: C1BZ-2C026-A

As for pads that is a hard number to find HOWEVER now that [MENTION=5890]Steve@Tasca[/MENTION] is on our forum he may be able to give you a good deal on the OEM stuff and he can look up the part numbers of the pads via the VIN.

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
awesome. Thank you. Yeah, I can find pads that fit, but rotors for some reason are scattered about the country. 7 days to get them at a local orielly's... 5 at autozone..... It's just a fiesta. The damn thing has single piston calipers from what I can tell and the rotors are the same size as an OEM Fox body(granted the wheel bearing/hub assembly is different). It shouldn't be this hard to replace the brakes on this little thing lol. It tries so hard to be a real sports car with it's hard to find parts.... sigh, this was supposed to be my easy car lol

Steve@Tasca

Vendor
Feel free to PM me with the VIN and I'll see what I can do, if you include a full shipping address I'll look into shipping costs. I have a trick for extremely low cost shipping on stuff like this but I have to verify that the address qualifies.

-Steve

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
Go on rock auto and there is tons of options, they even have motorcraft parts listed. As for autox the Stoptech rotors are pretty good, I run them on my Evo and their pads for the street, to bad I can't seem to find their front pads for the ST.

I have some questions. I have 30k miles on my st in the 18 months of ownership. 1mm left on front brake pads.

Do I go oem replacement and purchase everything every 30k miles?
Do I go Stoptech slotted rotors with hawk pads? How long will hawk pads and these rotors last?
Do I get stoptech rotors and stock pads? Will this increase braking distance as stock pads are not stopping larger rotors?
What is the weight difference between oem and stoptech rotors?

If you can answer one or all of these questions please respond. Thanks!

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
The Stoptech rotors should be the same size maybe the thickness might be a bit different. Every pad will do something different, some will have more initial bite others will be more progressive and this is all up to the driver. Using the stock pad will most likely give you the same stopping power and most mileage. Other pads will wear faster but give you better stopping power.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Hard (a.k.a. "lifetime") pads will wear out and warp rotors (especially cheap rotors) much quicker. After some experience, I stuck with the quality rotors and soft pad combination on my prior vehicle. Although we're in a valley, never had any issues with brake fade because I don't ride them. Unless you're going to be racing, riding the brakes, or/and doing a lot of braking at high speeds, extended wear (a.k.a. harder) pads aren't really necessary. Put your money in the rotors, keep the caliper slide mounts lubed and loose, and replace the pads a little more often. Those are my prefs/goals.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Hard (a.k.a. "lifetime") pads will wear out and warp rotors (especially cheap rotors) much quicker. After some experience, I stuck with the quality rotors and soft pad combination on my prior vehicle. Although we're in a valley, never had any issues with brake fade because I don't ride them. Unless you're going to be racing, riding the brakes, or/and doing a lot of braking at high speeds, extended wear (a.k.a. harder) pads aren't really necessary. Put your money in the rotors, keep the caliper slide mounts lubed and loose, and replace the pads a little more often. Those are my prefs/goals.
Rotors don't warp.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Rotors don't warp.
Semantics? Really? So lathes and caliper slide mounts are unnecessary technologies.

Interesting story. I remember some years ago, O'Reilly's ruined a set of rotors I took them. I patiently stood around for over 25 minutes wondering what the hell was taking them so long when they came back with rotors that if, set on edge, were visibly thicker at the top edge versus the bottom. From top to bottom sitting on edge, one edge was below minimum thickness and the other wasn't. Basically the neophyte clerk didn't mount them flush on the lathe. The manager refused to pay for the damage and even went so far as to offer up replacements for purchase. Yip, twas bern yistrday... [scratch]

Intuit

3000 Post Club
OMG if you could hear my eyes rolling. Notice how they totally avoid stating the obvious realities of pulsing brake application, lathes, caliper slide mounts and well over 40 years of garages and engineers working against and compensating for these problems. ABS wasn't designed to shorten stopping distance, (although it can circumstantially have that affect,) it's chief purpose was to give the driver the ability to maintain directional control of the vehicle LoL!

Here's another link with nearly ten mentions of this reality...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_brake#Disc_damage_modes