Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Re-enabling Reverse Lockout mechanism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

Just picked up my new to me ST. I immediately noticed that the reverse lockout had been disabled and I was curious if it was a matter of reconnecting something or if I needed to order a part in order for me to reconnect it. I'm in FL and hurricane Matthew is preventing me from doing too much investigating under the shift boot till about Saturday.

Any ideas or things to look for as well as instructions for getting under the shift boot are welcome!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
The lock out is a small plastic tab if the tab is cut it would be replaced. It could also be that it is set to high. I have some pics of it when I install the boomba shifter. If the part is cut/missing [MENTION=5890]Steve@Tasca[/MENTION] can help sourcing one if the clip is orderable.

When I installed my Boomba shifter in the instruction it said to trim the lockout corner just a tab. I either trimmed it too much or I didn't adjust it properly as mentioned above. Now when I go to engage the lockout to go into reverse, I only have to barely touch it to get it to clear the shifter and go into reverse. Before it had like half an inch of travel that I had to pull up on in order to get into reverse. Now it is like 2mm of travel, almost nothing. I have skipped over and gone into the reverse position on accident several times.

Do you guys think that I need a new lockout or should I try adjusting it like mentioned above? How exactly do you adjust it? From what I remember it just sits there in place. [MENTION=2253]CanadianGuy[/MENTION] your input would be appreciated.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
When I installed my Boomba shifter in the instruction it said to trim the lockout corner just a tab. I either trimmed it too much or I didn't adjust it properly as mentioned above. Now when I go to engage the lockout to go into reverse, I only have to barely touch it to get it to clear the shifter and go into reverse. Before it had like half an inch of travel that I had to pull up on in order to get into reverse. Now it is like 2mm of travel, almost nothing. I have skipped over and gone into the reverse position on accident several times.

Do you guys think that I need a new lockout or should I try adjusting it like mentioned above? How exactly do you adjust it? From what I remember it just sits there in place. [MENTION=2253]CanadianGuy[/MENTION] your input would be appreciated.
Make sure the top of the plastic part near the shift knob is moving freely. When I changed it I had binding and therefore it would never lock out reverse. Took my time and check everything made some adjustments and filled a bit added silicone and now it slides nicely. I think yours is not sliding down enough.

Yea I think so too, after messing around with my buddy's brand new 2016. Once I get my car back from DHM I will remove the boot and see that the hell is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.