Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

whoosh motorsports 2016 FIST

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I decided to improve the cooling system too
will most likely add the entire Mishimoto radiator, expansion tank, hoses in one shot
I really wish that either you as a vendor, or other vendors on here could pressure these aftermarket radiator companies (CSF, Griffin, C&R, Fluidyne, Ron Davis, etc., etc.) into making an all alloy, much higher capacity, drop-in unit for our cars, so that we are not FORCED to go with Mishimoto due to their current monopoly on this item. [:(] [mad]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #25
I really wish that either you as a vendor, or other vendors on here could pressure these aftermarket radiator companies (CSF, Griffin, C&R, Fluidyne, Ron Davis, etc., etc.) into making an all alloy, much higher capacity, drop-in unit for our cars, so that we are not FORCED to go with Mishimoto due to their current monopoly on this item. [:(] [mad]
If the volume warrants the product, it can be made. I'm not usually a Mishimoto fan to be quite honest. This piece is actually not too bad.
Are you just wanting the option to have a choice or is there something wrong with the design?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If the volume warrants the product, it can be made. I'm not usually a Mishimoto fan to be quite honest. This piece is actually not too bad.
Are you just wanting the option to have a choice or is there something wrong with the design?
It's less the actual design being a problem, and more an extreme distrust of most items made in China (even with Mishi Q.C. managers standing over the workers' shoulders) for something this critical and potentially engine killing, and especially NOT for THOSE prices being made there! [nono]

And yes, of course more choice is also better! [wink]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #27
It's less the actual design being a problem, and more an extreme distrust of most items made in China (even with Mishi Q.C. managers standing over the workers' shoulders) for something this critical and potentially engine killing, and especially NOT for THOSE prices being made there! [nono]

And yes, of course more choice is also better! [wink]
I hear you and understand
The brand has come a long way. I felt the same way as you for a long time....

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #28
another small update

Mishimoto catch can w/black hoses installed

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #29
installed the Mountune quick shift today
wasn't as "quick" to install until I figured out a combination of a small ratcheting wrench and allen key piece to tighten the main bolt. Next one I install should take all of 5 minutes

Anyway, very pleased with the results

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #30
pulled these out of the box today
looking to install this weekend....

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
installed the Mountune quick shift today
wasn't as "quick" to install until I figured out a combination of a small ratcheting wrench and allen key piece to tighten the main bolt. Next one I install should take all of 5 minutes

Anyway, very pleased with the results

How does the throw feel with just this one item (vs. a whole boomba ultimate kit), as compared to the 'wooden spoon in a bowl of oatmeal/oar' that is the factory throw/mechanism (to me at least)?

I like the finish on the Mountune piece, and wonder IF it can be used with no problems in conjunction with the Boomba racing Ultimate kit 's other pieces? [dunno]

(Man, do I ever HATE cable shifters!!!)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #32
How does the throw feel with just this one item (vs. a whole boomba ultimate kit), as compared to the 'wooden spoon in a bowl of oatmeal/oar' that is the factory throw/mechanism (to me at least)?

I like the finish on the Mountune piece, and wonder IF it can be used with not problems in conjunction with the Boomba racing Ultimate kit 's other pieces? [dunno]

(Man, do I ever HATE cable shifters!!!)
I haven't personally used the other shifter related products for the FIST
But I can say that in comparison to other FWD cars I've owned & raced, this now has a shorter throw than those other platforms with just this mod which is great

I'll be selecting a new shift knob and will be changing out the factory fill here really soon but that's about it

The fit and finish of the Mountune part is top notch as you mentioned [twothumb]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #33
update on this fine Black Friday 2016

just received the #2 of 2 cp-e prototype turbo manifold for testing

and I finally took a pic of my Cobb shift Knob and Ford all season mats I added

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #35
They did not happen to hint at a suggested list price for this, did they?
I know the cost of the manifold but it's not relevant until it's proven to produce power, is destined to be a production item, etc. etc.

It's cast 304 so I will say it's NOT a $200 eBay manifold or a G either LOL

Looks like [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] cashed in on some sweet black friday deals!

How do you like the Ford all weather mats? I'm debating between those and the Weathertechs

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #39
Looks like [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] cashed in on some sweet black friday deals!

How do you like the Ford all weather mats? I'm debating between those and the Weathertechs
I like the look of the Ford mats which is why I went with them
Weathertech probably offers a bit more protection though

Pete

update on this fine Black Friday 2016

just received the #2 of 2 cp-e prototype turbo manifold for testing

and I finally took a pic of my Cobb shift Knob and Ford all season mats I added

What does the heat shield look like?